Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Flowering Art Journal







Last weekend, gentle reader...

I found some time to get back into the 
Flowering Art Journal and play a bit more...















So I thought I would share some of the little details









after sharing with you




some of the products that I have been mixing in this little
handmade journal..
Putting them all together makes for such an artistic soup...





Collage is wonderful to blend with
layers of paint and gelatos add such shimmer and shine..

I have been adding my drawings on tissue paper
which enables the viewer to see the layers beneath the drawing,
 the layering effect in my journal...
is almost like seeing all the layers of plants in the garden..






It is all about the details..







For me...
That is what art is..
paying attention to the details, 
listening to the heart..
and documenting the journey...







So I am back to work..
in between gardening and weed pulling
which is job security..
for a gardener...


The days are hot here and the pool is a lovely diversion..
but I have to finish June pages..
and I am working on another travel journal as we
will be visiting the Caribbean again soon.. 

and as soon as I finish the portrait..
I will be working on my new mixed media floral series..


Alas, no rest for the creative.. 
I am sure..


xo