Follow by Email

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Be Back Soon!







I have only just returned home..
and piles of laundry wait for me..

but I wanted to let you know that I 
will be back next 
Tuesday 
with a travelogue 
of my journey..
I have not forgotten you...



and this photo of 
water that I am painting




 Mixed media painting, Caterina Giglio



seemed fitting..
for so many reasons..
we just came back from a beach stay in 
San Diego..

but our attention was called
to 
Texas 
and while we love to be in water
and we need water..
it is also a powerful
element..

it's beauty and force are matched..

my heart goes out to all involved..
as I know your heart is tied up in it also..
gentle reader..


xo





6 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Glad you are home safe and sound...hopefully a wonderful trip and I look forward to the unique travelogue.
Texas has taken such a big hit...huge losses and mixed in with some great kindness. We all send our donations and volunteer if we can but this is a long way to recover.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

From one beach to another, I'm delighted you had a good time on vacation. I was reading another friend's blog and she said Best Buy in TX was charging over $40.00 a case for water. So sad that some want to take advantage of people who are just trying to survive. I know my city sent volunteers and aid. At least there is kindness and caring amidst the grief and pain.

froebelsternchen Susi said...

My heart goes out to all the people involved.
Looking forward to the travelogue of your journey!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Indeed, I lived in the Houston area for many years as a child and have friends there that had to be evacuated. Seeing all the images and hearing the stories coming from there is truly heartbreaking. Take care, Tammy

Dorthe said...

Lovely to hear from you again, Cat, and that you are safe home. Yes , what happened in Texas is so terribly , all the poor people ,having to leave their homes, not knowing, what they will return to, once the water masses, have gone. Nature is not always kind, and beautiful, Cat !
But I will look forward seeing you here, Tuesday :-) Remember to relax in between all the laundry, ;:-)
Hugs, Dorthe

Createology said...

Lovely San Diego...The Del Coronado is a true favorite...as well as Balboa Park and...well just everything! Prayers for Texas...<3