Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February Art Journal Pages




February..
is the month that I always take the time
to write a love letter to myself ...











and I wrote 
a very long letter directly on the page..








in pencil
and took time to remember everything
that I have accomplished this year..

much of which cannot be seen with the eye..











Today is the first 
anniversary of my Mother's death..
and while 
I did not expect to grieve as one would..
for a Mother that is close and loving..
since
my Mother was estranged from me for so long...

I guess  I was a bit surprised by how much
work, spiritually I still needed to address... 










there was a dark cloud hanging over me
all year..
and it took a while to see it
and to release the issues.. habits

that I had been taught as a child..




and I think I will be continuing to work through them..
but they are recognized and the first step is being willing
to change, to let go and to walk fearlessly into the future..



A Red Letter Day was always an important day 
highlighted in red on the calendar..
I think it is also a day in which you realize how
much you love yourself...





Ingredients: pencil, acrylic paint, stencils, paper ephemera, mono prints, tissue paper, walnut ink, colored pencil





work continues in the studio
on my new collection..

and this week we are filming mono prints in the studio
for our YouTube channel..

as always I am so grateful to you for your
kind readership..
and comments..


ciao, ciao!











24 comments:

ELFI said...

un joli billet plein de sentiments ...mon commentaire n'est pas seulement bienveillant mais enthousiaste!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Your pages are such a beautiful way to work through your emotions. I always feel like artists are lucky to have such a powerful "therapy" so readily available... blessings to you, dear Cat. Xoxo

Miss Iowa said...

Thank you for sharing your journal pages. Sometimes we mourn what never was, and what will never be, more than the person who triggers the emotion. Hugs from across the miles.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A very poignant look back at last year and how it affected you. I was surprised at your mourning and how deeply it affected you. But you illustrated it beautifully, and your willingness to heal.

Thomas LaBadia said...

Thank you for sharing this. What a wonderful way to encourage healing.

Colleen Ray said...

Thank you for your honesty in sharing your feelings and experiences surrounding your relationship with your Mom and how it still effects you. I'm coming up on the second anniversary of my Father's death and I know that my less than positive relationship still impacts me in ways that seem to sneak up. These feeling do show up when making art. I guess it's because we have to reach into our truest selves to create and therein lies all that we are - the good, the beautiful, but also the painful memories. We take them with us through life but it's up to us to decide how much influence we let them have :)

Your art is wonderful and I'm loving your new videos!

Kathleen said...

very beautiful post and pages Cat. I love your idea of writing a love letter to yourself......you are such an inspiration to me. As Colleen mentioned above, your honesty and vulnerability is so endearing. Love to you

Dortesjs said...

gorgeous pages..love love

Dorthe said...

So very beautiful, dear Cat, an amazing spread, beautiful, layers, and your words following ,touch me. I can imagine the cloud, Cat, but know, you will work you outside it`s shadows !!! I love the idea of the Red Letter Day !!
Hugs ,Dorthe

Createology said...

I am visiting your blog from Dorthe of DenLilleLade. I am intrigued by your beautiful journal pages. I understand the grieving process as I am continuing to process the life I endured with my mother. Blessings and Healing Energy...<3

Claire said...

So pleased to have stumbled across your blog... love your art, your words... Looking forward to exploring your webpages :)

CAROLYN SAXBY said...

beautiful, beautiful work ... I will look forward to watching the vlog soon ... lots of love from me and Cornwall xxxxx

Caterina Giglio said...

Merci beaucoup cher Elfe! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Sharmon, thank you, dear heart, it is therapy and you are so right, we are so blessed!! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Miss Iowa, yes, I understand, and I think I got over missing those Hallmark moments and now I am just dealing with left over habits of thought that need to cease and desist!! working on it, and thank you always for your kind remarks!

Caterina Giglio said...

E, thank you so much, I was surprised too, but was mainly surprised at how much work I needed to do spiritually, just want to be the best ME I can be... x

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you so much Thomas, and thanks for stopping by, so nice to see you!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Colleen, thank you for your wonderful comment and for sharing so deeply with me, I agree, it is because we reach for our truest selves! You are so right!! thank you and thanks for stopping by!

Caterina Giglio said...

Kathleen, thank you deaheart for your kind words, I am getting better at sharing, it still makes me cringe a bit! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Dortesjs, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!! ;)

Caterina Giglio said...

Dorthe, I loved the idea of the Red Letter Day too, and thank you so much dear friend for your positive affirmation for my healing!! xoxox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Creatology, thank you for stopping by and any friend of Dorthe's is friend of mine, so glad you stopped by. Thanks for your kind remarks, you obviously understand how complicated this process is, and I am grateful that you are so encouraging!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Claire, Thanks for stumbling on the Sweet Life, and so happy you left a comment, thanks for checking out my sites! :)

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh dear Carolyn, so happy to see you out in Blogland again! Thanks for watching and for stopping by, so happy to have your cheerful comments! xo

Follow by Email