Tuesday, February 21, 2017

February Art Journal Pages




February..
is the month that I always take the time
to write a love letter to myself ...











and I wrote 
a very long letter directly on the page..








in pencil
and took time to remember everything
that I have accomplished this year..

much of which cannot be seen with the eye..











Today is the first 
anniversary of my Mother's death..
and while 
I did not expect to grieve as one would..
for a Mother that is close and loving..
since
my Mother was estranged from me for so long...

I guess  I was a bit surprised by how much
work, spiritually I still needed to address... 










there was a dark cloud hanging over me
all year..
and it took a while to see it
and to release the issues.. habits

that I had been taught as a child..




and I think I will be continuing to work through them..
but they are recognized and the first step is being willing
to change, to let go and to walk fearlessly into the future..



A Red Letter Day was always an important day 
highlighted in red on the calendar..
I think it is also a day in which you realize how
much you love yourself...





Ingredients: pencil, acrylic paint, stencils, paper ephemera, mono prints, tissue paper, walnut ink, colored pencil





work continues in the studio
on my new collection..

and this week we are filming mono prints in the studio
for our YouTube channel..

as always I am so grateful to you for your
kind readership..
and comments..


ciao, ciao!