Follow by Email

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Ca' d' Zon, and the Ringling Museum




One of my most 
popular posts
on
my blog
was 
my tour of the 
Ringling Museum..


this year we decided to tour the house as well...





and of course..
I wanted to share the adventure with you..

I was and am overwhelmed by the amount of antique European
art and we spent the day touring..

The story of John and Mable is a sad one.
they spent only 3 seasons in the house,
before Mable died
and John's life deteriorated soon after..

but since they had no children,
we were blessed with 
his gift to the state..

enjoy, 
I think you will be amazed...
the Rubens cartoons in the entry 

are
unbelievable ...

ciao, ciao!


6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I spent the past two days out of town with my friend Kathy, so I've been MIA. I just got home and rushed to see your latest photos. Although I have no way of seeing the video (yet), I remember when I visited this in the 80s, and still call it the Pink Palace. It's a beautiful home and museum. Yes, I remember it well and can't wait to see it from your perspective.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Spectacular, indeed! I hope to see it someday!

tgarrett said...

Beautiful post Caterina. I sometimes write things I am concerned about things that are filling my head. Sometimes I cover them up and other times they are visible but I write fast and furious so it is often not readable. These pages of yours are so beautiful.

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E! it is fabulous and I hope you get to see the video, the grounds are not very pretty right now but will be soon as spring is here in Florida.. and pink palace is the perfect name for it!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Sharmon, it is so stunning, you will love it!! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Terry, yes, my writing is often unreadable too, and sometimes it is so legible I feel compelled to cover it, I am just now getting used to expressing my motivation for my pages, and the group has really helped with that ... building trust. x