Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Travel Journal 2016





We will be flying to Italy
this fall..
birthplace of my grandparents..


and so I was in need of another journal...







but lacking time, 
I chose a standard sketchbook
to alter and use for the 
3 week journey...








and because I write daily, 
I wanted something that had a lot of pages
unfortunately, I could not find a 
mixed media book, that fit my 
plans...

I chose the sketch book above from Michaels
and ripped off the tree image...








and set about to make it my own..
frontispiece 
above will also have my 
name and address
below





and then I made a cover...

with an antique postcard of two women
in Nice, France..







and then because I was not satisfied...
I made another one...
from an antique guide book..








and chewed on which one to use
while I worked on the insides...

Which one do you think I chose?





page one
above..
we spend 3 days in Rome
before venturing off to Florence..

I am sure I will have a lot to write about...








and of course you need envelopes to capture
tickets
and paper memorabilia..
all those 
business cards from memorable restaurants
and shops...

and in the end..






I chose the Travel 2016 cover..
with an antique map of Rome
and an Italian stamp
gifted to me by my friend 



so now I can finish up on 
my September pages...

see you next week..
gentle readers..



xo