Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Waiting for the Light






it seems
I am always waiting for the light..
to either photograph..
or paint, the light is so important...



but it doesn't matter whether you are an artist or not,
the light is important for us all..






"an awake heart is like a sky that pours light"
Hafiz












I have always been an early riser..
I love nothing more than than to be up with the birds
listening to their songs..
the mourning dove crying..
the crow reminding me to pay attention..








balancing my coffee cup
on the arm of my chair...






and marveling at the dew drops...



"I discovered the secrets of the seas in the meditation upon the dew drop"
Khalil Gibran












just breathing in the serenity of the early morning








and thinking that all things come to pass..
not just the hardships..
but in our organic world,
even the beautiful moments..
and our special people..








and so I have been charging myself 
with being willing to see it..
each morning with renewed appreciation..


a bittersweet surrender...







while I await the light...



xo

16 comments:

Margaret Gilfoyle said...

Lovely morning dreaming in wake-fullness.

"I discovered the secrets of the seas in the meditation upon the dew drop"
Khalil Gibran

Love connects us always, dear Cat!

Jenny Petricek said...

Another beautiful, thought-provoking post, my friend! Love it, and you! :-)

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful thoughts here as well as quotes. You are on your own for early rising...I just can't get up too early as I can't seem to go to sleep until well after midnight. I will watch the night sky and leave you to dawn!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Simply incredible photos and quotes that bring everything into perspective. I keep thinking the light is so important, because my eyesight is possibly the one sense I would not want to lose. So this post was quite poignant for me.

Pamela Gerard said...

Agreed! The light is everything. I am a fine art photographer and I find many people actually don't understand light. Living in SF I have been so lucky to have fog and that beautiful soft, diffused light to work in. Glaring sunshine? No thanks. Your photos are lovely and make me wish I was sitting there in your garden with a cup of coffee in hand. Enjoy the day.

Dorthe said...

Light makes up "wake up", makes new energy, makes happy and makes light in the heart , I love light too, and the new day starting with the beautiful birdsong, and with the dew still on the plants, and flowers.
Your mornings are so wonderful , I`m not as early a ricer ,but still have the beauty of the same experiences here, when getting up at 8 o`clock :-)
Hugs to you sweetie !!

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Lovely views of your world. We are earlybirds too, and if we want to sleep, some furry friends won't let us. But morning is the best time, when the world is half asleep and those of us who
venture out experience a bit of serenity in this busy world. xox

Kim Henkel said...

What beautiful images you share!.... I too love the light, and so enjoy it in my Northern summer.

Caterina Giglio said...

Dear Margaret... Love ALWAYS connects us, yes, no matter how far we travel, our hearts are always connected and it makes me smile! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Aww, Jenny, I love you back! thank you!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

It makes me happy to know that when I am soundly sleeping, you are off creating, dear Mary Ann! cheers!!

Caterina Giglio said...

oh E, I agree, I adore my eyes, and I understand your feelings, glad you liked the little post... x

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Pamela, yes, it is so important, the light just right, makes all the difference, early morning and dusk, just perfect for us artists... x

Caterina Giglio said...

Dorthe, we can't all be early risers! but it is fun to be able to share it with you! And the light is something all artists understand, not much to see without it!! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Ha Ha, Corrine, I had you pegged for an early riser too, knowing that you have those hounds to care for! My weenies never let me sleep past 6, and usually 5:30 was the longest the little one could go.. :D xoxo

Linda Jo said...

Beautiful!