Tuesday, June 7, 2016

May Art Journal Pages





transformation...
that is a word that keeps
coming up for me...


trusting the feminine 
within...






as I journal..
noting all the changes that 
I am making on the inside of me...









so...
documenting that visually
is sometimes 
challenging..







as you already know,
dear reader...
if you have
followed my blog for any length of time
relationships
are always key to my work...








and my journal 
is a visual account of my relationship
with myself...

my thoughts...






my loves..
my fears..
my desires...







so perhaps it looks a bit chaotic..
lots of things going on internally, 
and such texture..
always
layers...



Ingredients: Ink, walnut ink, acrylic paint, antique encyclopedia pages, antique ephemera, gelli prints on deli paper, pencil.




and I agree with Emily....
 "to live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else... "




ciao, ciao..


11 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hello dear Cat.
Just have been reading this beautiful post of yours, and watching the amazing pages you created, from within yourself,and from your feelings of everything belonging to live.
They are gorgeous layers of colors and papers and so very beautiful.
Hugs Dorthe

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful walnut ink ... personal exploration and a scorpion too. Lovely work here.

Pamela Gerard said...

Lovely, as your pages always are.......

Gail Pierce said...

Transformation . . . I'm trying to not fight what is going on in my life. Reading and studying your work has both soothed and inspired me. Even though we work in different ways and not in the same palette . . .
Stellar! xo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I think my transformation came a few yeas ago when I first admitted I was an artist, after studying the sciences for so many years. Your inner transformation is very well documented here in both beautiful words and superior collage. You put SO much into each page you create, it inspires me. I really LOVE your transformation, because it shows in your work and brighter palette, too.

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you dear Dorthe, I am so glad you liked the pages... I was so drawn to the sprayed inks, and so pleased that you enjoyed them! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann, we have had lots of scorpions in the house, all dying of course ... but the totem is transformation and that seems to be a common theme for me...

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you, Pamela!

Caterina Giglio said...

Well Gail, I hear that resistance is futile! so I gave in and it seems to be going easier for me! It seems we inspired each other, bella!! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E, well it is a bit different, that's for sure, paint drips are not usually my thing, but the antique ephemera is! So glad you went through the transformation of understanding that you are an artist, that makes all the difference in a passionate life... thanks for your kind words.. x

Kim Collister said...

Always gorgeous, thought provoking and makes such a statement, truly beautiful work.
xo Kim

Follow by Email