Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Conversations With My Mother







I have precious few family photos...
I suppose that might
be common in families










that experience alcoholism
and abuse..
many photos and possessions were lost..

so standing in for 
me and my mother are
unknown










people..
all a bit lost too..



my book is almost finished..
just a few threads need to be snipped..
some small bits of paper glued..

















last minute touches..








creating this art book was so very good 
for me..






very uplifting 

and
 cathartic..










the little muslin bag is a
hand stitched envelope..


connected with little tiny stitches ..
and I did wax the threads..
which will keep them from tangling too much..









I want to thank you all
for being such remarkable support..

and understanding my desire 
to work on this relationship


I am pleased with the finished piece
and if it is not chosen for the show..
I
have made something that
that speaks volumes
by saying
so little..



xo