Tuesday, February 9, 2016

January Journal Pages




New Year,
New journal...

but old traditions,


each January I create a self portrait
for my journal pages..








I have been thinking a lot about
age.. and aging..


and I am working on some paintings..
 portraits, 
I have one particular model right now, but I may include others..

She has beautiful long hair..
women of a certain age...
with long hair...






many Native American tribes thought that hair held memory..
and to cut hair 
was to break with traditions, the past 
and to literally cut away your memories...

I was thinking about this, when I created these pages... 




ingredients: gesso, acrylic paints, paint pens, art graf pencil, pencil, pen and ink, paper ephemera, stencils, china marker...




as for my new journal...

I chose a 
Strathmore Mixed Media
art journal...

the size is smaller than the old record books, but the paper is so
tough, I don't think I need to prime the page..

 I do love it..

and I thank you as always for stopping in
to read about my travels, my thoughts, and see what I am creating..

grazie!


ciao, ciao!