Monday, January 11, 2016

Last Year's Journal Pages





I am woefully behind..
that sometimes happens when an artist
comes face to face with 





holidays 
and deadlines...

something has to give...
and it is often our own personal work...
but I did manage to finish it..








and as you can see this book is groaning under the strain of so many
journal spreads...







November was a busy month..
travel and holidays..
catching up with old friends...
and working on lots of projects..

growing new things and healing wounds was the topic of the month...

ingredients: gesso, acrylic paint, paper ephemera, tissue papers, pencil, original ink drawing, paint pens  






December was hectic... wasn't it?
but I managed to make my deadline and  sent my little botanical concertina's in
to Sew Somerset, so I finally had time to concentrate on my 
journal pages..





December was multilayered..
there was so much going on...
and I just kept papering over the spreads, 
I think there are several layers here..








Family, love and creativity kept coming up for me...

ingredients: antique paper ephemera, The Magazine, acrylic paint, pencil, paint pens, wrapping papers.







I have to finish the inside pages and make a cover for this visual 
journal, and when I do, I will post the entire year's spreads for you to see..

and I have to find a new journal as well..
this time however I think I will use a new mixed media journal...
but as of today, I am still looking..

I am working on several different things in the studio
this year, 
a series of portraits...
and some new collages..
and some stitched cardboard abstracts..

and you, 
gentle reader,
 will see it all..
soon enough..


as always, thank you for stopping by..
I appreciate your readership...
and your kind remarks..


C4N!




22 comments:

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Lovely final pages in your journal. I like the colors of our December spread with the gentle flower and the appearance of a wing around the figure as if wind were somehow blowing through. Looking forward to seeing them altogether. xox

Gail Pierce said...

you've done it again! your work is always so peaceful. I look forward to seeing what unfolds this year for you. xo

Pamela Gerard said...

yes indeed -- January is a good month for catching up -- things have been a little too busy around my studio too and I too am behind -- but now a lovely, new year to work again. Beautiful pages you've got there.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed the November flower and the December collage is incredible. I am super impressed that you found time, especially since you have been on deadline. These are both lovely entries for both months.

Like everyone else, I look forward to seeing all the pages together, and I hope you find a journal that fits your needs. I STILL have never found one to fit mine, so I stay with hard bound books.

Priti.Lisa said...

your artwork is so light...
even though you have so many layers
and so much texture,
it is full of light.
♥♥♥

Dorthe said...

In the midst of a hectic life , you also find time, (maybe not enough) to create your wonderfully collages, and paintings.
The November spread is showing your wish for warm, for more relaxed time, and for your love of drawing , the right side page so un peaceful or stressed ,-and the gorgeous collaged pages, are the warmth , the time to peacefully play, the many layers showing and hiding our inner feelings !!
I love both very much dear Cat. I hope my perception of your art is not completely wrong. xxx

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Always pure pleasure stopping by...the double page photos are stunning and powerful. Holidays, family and traveling are good things and only feed the beautiful images. Happy new journal for January!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Corrine, I did not see the wing before, but now that you mention it, there were a lot of angels around during December!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Gail, thank you so much, I never see it as peaceful, but that is because I am living thru it, right? I need to find another journal, and then I will have to do another Jan. portrait!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

oh, honestly, I have to say, we really have to work harder in Jan. don't we Pamela? It is what I get for being gone for holiday in November... but it will all work out, it always does!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

E, thank you so much, the work from one month to the other is quite different and it reflects the things happening for me. I am so tired of fighting with the paper in old record books, and so I think I am done with altered books. I really want a mixed media journal but one without a spiral binding... so I am looking around for that ... I may have to bind my own... hmm x

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Lisa, thank you... December was much lighter than Feb. which had lots of angst and friends in distress. Big difference in the months, as you can see, and thanks for stopping by... much love.. xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Dear Dorthe,
You are right, the right side of November shows the turmoil and the distress and the left side with the artichoke shows the growth and the writing underneath.. Dec. was much brighter and lighter and that shows up too!! thank you dear heart! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann, Yes! here's to new journals and new beginnings!! cheers!!

Martha Marshall said...

I am inspired by your beautiful journal! Maybe this will be my year to start. Thanks for commenting on my blog. So nice to connect.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Your journal spreads are so inspirational, Cat. These two give me a feeling of peace, especially December. Can't wait to see all the wonderful new things you're working on, too! xox

Seth said...

Such beautiful surfaces. I love seeing so many pages together. It is almost like thumbing through the journal in person.

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Martha! Thanks for stopping by, it is very nice to connect, enjoyed your blog immensely!

Caterina Giglio said...

Sharon, thank you so much! I have been painting portraits, well actually, I have a muse that I have been working with, too early to share, but sometime soon... x

Caterina Giglio said...

Seth, I am just getting ready to post a year of pages, so stay tuned... :D

Kathleen said...

Love, love love your journal! So inspiring!

Caterina Giglio said...

Kathleen, thank you so much! and thanks for stopping by! I so appreciate your comments! x

Follow by Email