Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Floral Sketches in Mixed Media




I think my last count
was 22 sketches...





in my collection of gigli
for my Giglio relatives...

lilies for my lily people...








I have a deadline...
you see we are having a family reunion
next month...



and I decided to give..
my aunts and cousins..






and as many nieces and nephews





a tiny sketch...

as a remembrance




of the event...







and a reminder 
of our roots...
we are the descendants of
Peter Giglio and Josephine Belsito Giglio..




So these are mixed media sketches...
I have been working two of them on a sheet of paper
and now that I have hit my stride, I am really enjoying it...


my work in progress, NuPastels, pencils brush and water...



 the ingredients are ..
mixed media paper, NuPastel, colored pencil, pencil, photocopies, tissue papers..



in addition, I am working on some concertina books..
new paintings and of course..

July pages, which will be served next..


ciao, ciao!



16 comments:

Sharmon Davidson said...

Cat, these are just lovely - what a lucky family you have! (By the way, did you know that I'm your second cousin once removed? lol)

A bird in the hand said...

Beautifully done! What a wonderful memento for your family reunion.

pilarisa321 said...

As always, beautiful xo

lynne h said...

beautiful, cat!

xoxo

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beyond generous! These are beautiful and each one having its own beauty...perfect gift for the family celebration!

Dorthe said...

Oh they are so beautiful, dear Cat, and what a loving idea to gift them all such a lovely painting and gift to remember . Your heart is wonderful !!!
They are so adorable in their pastel colours and love you draw them onto old papers too.
Hugs, Dorthe

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Stunning and beautiful, all. What a very generous gift you are bestowing on your family that I'm sure will be treasured forever. Seems to me, each family member will soon hold a genuine giglio masterpiece!

Caterina Giglio said...

LOL, Sharmon, I will make you an honorary Giglio!! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Colette, thank you so much, bella!! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Awww, PIP!! Thank you dear one! xoxox

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks lynne, so are yours! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Mary Ann, this could be our one and only family reunion, most of the old Italians are gone, we have three left of the original siblings, it seemed a fitting tribute..

Caterina Giglio said...

Dorthe ... thank you dear, I love them on old book pages, they came form a botany book... I hope they like them!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

oh E!! I don't know about THAT! But hopefully they will like them... it is a small gesture of love.. x

Robyn Gordon said...

A wonderful gift for your relations, Cat. So beautiful!

Caterina Giglio said...

Robyn, thank you!!