Tuesday, October 28, 2014

In the Bone Yard






we recently happened upon a 
stunning bone yard,
dear reader...











it was early morning...and the beginning of a brilliant and sunny day...
and yet...







it had that wonderful creepy quality
that often resides in old bone yards...







many of the stones were broken like 
old teeth in disrepair..

words long ago worn from the stone...
and yet..
there was a definite presence...









as I walked thru..
I felt as though I was being watched..
 a hand on my shoulder..
was more than the spanish moss brushing my back
as I walked by...







there was also a pervasive sense of sadness...
as there were so many tiny
head stones..
lambs and angels...







some even had fresh flowers...






but it was more than sorrow..







Once we all knew that we would end up here..









we would find peace
and rest in a shady plot...





but now it seems even the bone yards..
are dying...








and soon ...
not even the stones will cast a shadow...



sending you blessings 
for 
All Hallows Eve
and Dia De Los Muertos..



xo