Wednesday, July 30, 2014

So Long Chessy





after moving so many times,
I have found it is easier to say goodbye...
if you don't put down deep roots...









still there are always things you miss 
about a place and you leave a little piece of yourself, lost in the energy of
each place you live...

I think...







but you take things with you as well...
what I will miss about Chesapeake is the charm..

I just had to share the quaint and 

Tiny





Farmers Market
which is located in Great Bridge under the tall pines
every Saturday morning...
I am a big supporter of Farmers Markets





This one is sweet and small
and corralled by a fence directly behind it 
which protects the Revolutionary battlefield
of Great Bridge





these are photos of the old baskets that
lie just beyond the 
fencing as you purchase your produce
in the lacy, tree lined, shade...







they are pretty fabulous are they not?
History is one of my weaknesses...
and I loved visiting these baskets each week...








but so is fresh produce and
flowers...






lots of tomatoes...






and a smattering of
baked goods...
which of course I cannot eat, because I am Gluten Free...
but lovely nonetheless...







but I think I will miss my morning walks
the most..
the herons and wading birds...








and all the ponds...
the water ways...

fortunately there is lots of water 
where we are headed...

the studio is packed and 
 I will be taking a long
blog break...
to settle in and get unpacked...

I hope to be back in a couple of weeks...
to share photos of new gardens and new studio space..
see you soon!

C4N!