Follow by Email

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

So Long Chessy





after moving so many times,
I have found it is easier to say goodbye...
if you don't put down deep roots...









still there are always things you miss 
about a place and you leave a little piece of yourself, lost in the energy of
each place you live...

I think...







but you take things with you as well...
what I will miss about Chesapeake is the charm..

I just had to share the quaint and 

Tiny





Farmers Market
which is located in Great Bridge under the tall pines
every Saturday morning...
I am a big supporter of Farmers Markets





This one is sweet and small
and corralled by a fence directly behind it 
which protects the Revolutionary battlefield
of Great Bridge





these are photos of the old baskets that
lie just beyond the 
fencing as you purchase your produce
in the lacy, tree lined, shade...







they are pretty fabulous are they not?
History is one of my weaknesses...
and I loved visiting these baskets each week...








but so is fresh produce and
flowers...






lots of tomatoes...






and a smattering of
baked goods...
which of course I cannot eat, because I am Gluten Free...
but lovely nonetheless...







but I think I will miss my morning walks
the most..
the herons and wading birds...








and all the ponds...
the water ways...

fortunately there is lots of water 
where we are headed...

the studio is packed and 
 I will be taking a long
blog break...
to settle in and get unpacked...

I hope to be back in a couple of weeks...
to share photos of new gardens and new studio space..
see you soon!

C4N!








25 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wish you the best in your move. I'm sure it has gotten old by now. But I also look forward to seeing new gardens in your area, new Farmers Markets, and your new studio, too.

Enjoy the journey, dear friend.

Margie said...

Bon Voyage
The area you have lived in is beautiful (I loved living in VA, except for the humidity) but soon you will have another place to call home and it shall be grand!
xo

Lynda Howells said...

have a good goodbye, a good move and welcome to your new home. x looking forward to seeing your new home and studioxx lynda

Caterina Giglio said...

Dear E, I will probably drive myself crazy with decisions about what to post first! Probably the garden opportunities. The growing season is Feb. to Dec. so I should be able to get a few perennials in the ground before what they call "winter" happens... Grin!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Margie, the weather has been very dry here this summer.. Much worse in Florida, but I don't really mind the humidity.. Having a forever home is going to be awesome! Xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Lynda, cannot wait to share it! I will post pics soon! X

Jo Murray said...

It's time for a new adventure, but your memories will sustain you as you settle in. Lovely photos.

Brian Lapsley said...

Beautiful words and lovely memories....

~*~Patty S said...

sending all good wishes your way as you settle into your forever home in the sunshine state dear Cat...

looking forward to seeing your new digs and surroundings...

you were so close in Chesapeake and yet...
proof that time moves way too quickly...

Take care dear friend
oxo

Kim Andersen said...

Whst a pretty place! I think instead of roots you must have wings dear girl. How else could you manage it? Fly safely and don't forget to gently tend to those wings of yours ....

lynne h said...

ciao, ciao, cat!! safe travels!

xoxo

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Best to you and yours in this move! A good photo goodbye and soon photos of your new home and garden!

Mostly Turquoise said...

A forever home will make all the moving worth it, I can assure. Welcome to Florida, thank you for the wonderful pictures of Virginia and looking forward for what is to come. Take care, Caterina!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Best of luck with your move, Cat; I hope you get to settle down for a while in your new home. We will miss you while you are unpacking and moving, and I'm sure you'll miss that lovely place in VA...

Marie Danti said...

All the best with your move and hope your new place will fill you with inspiration and much happiness. I find it is always bittersweet to leave a place behind, but also much for which to look forward.

Dorthe said...

Dear Cat, I wish you the most wonderful time, settling in your new home, and new surroundings, with your husbond.
Yes there will alwayes be left back a part of us when we move on to new experiences and new kind of lives, but we also take with us so many beautiful memories from what we leaves !!
All the best dear friends, a happy new life filled with new beautiful moments every day !!
Hugs from Dorthe

Debrina said...

We are moving soon too. 3 big moves in less than two years. Off to our respective new adventures then! Good luck!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Great memories. Enjoy your new Florida digs. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Jo, thanks, glad you liked the photos!


Thank you, Brian!


Ah, Patty time does fly.. Thank you for your good wishes dearheart, I shall take them with me! Xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh Kim, you are so dear, thank you! Dusting those wings off and ready to fly! Xo

Motto Grazie Lynne .. Will do.. Xoxo


Mary Ann ... So glad you liked my goodbye travelogue.. Will have photos of the gardens soon enough.. Methinks!

Caterina Giglio said...

Regina, so nice to have you visit! Yes looking forward to the future! Thank you dear!


Hi Sharmon, right now it all seems very overwhelming, I have to stop and remind myself to breathe and stay focused on the moment! There are several things I will miss, but looking forward to a permanent home for sure! Xo

Caterina Giglio said...

You are so right, Marie!


That is so true, Dorthe, dear! Thank you so much! XXOO


Hey Debs! We are just gypsies aren't we? Can't wait to settle down here soon. Hope your move goes smooth! Safe travels! X

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Corrine! You will hear all about it! X

rivergardenstudio said...

Lovely Cat, and your memories even more so. Best of luck with your move and I know you will love your new home!
xox roxanne

Sharol Lyn Deal said...

Dear Caterina,

I'm hoping to meet you hen you come to Fort collins in December. I love your work. I would love to know more about how you use the noodle press machine.
I love receiving your lovely blogs.

Sharol Lyn