Wednesday, March 5, 2014

French Patisserie papers






first of all
dear readers, let me apologize for not only my tardiness..
I did say I would be back yesterday...
but also for my lack of comments to my smatterings post...

I have been busy tending someone with the sniffles...


and have not had a chance to blog hop...




detail of X Marks This Spot



or even post on FaceBook...
since chicken soup takes a bit of time to make...

but I have been busy...

as you see here...
the new French Paper series pieces...



X Marks The Spot... 6 x 6



they feature some antique patisserie papers
used in bakeries to put pastry on.. very similar to paper doilies...

I will be making more in this series...
I also used the onion papers that I had dyed...as well as Nupastels
pencil and antique French papers...





detail from Circle of Life


Mr. LDV liked them so much he intends to keep them...

my photography is not the best...
since we are still having snowy overcast days...
and ...I regret the curve in the paper
which is caused of course by the different media...



Circle of Life...



but will flatten once they are matted and framed..


and I am very close to having my February journal pages finished...
so that will be revealed soon...

due take care... 
if you like I am...

in this never ending winter 
to stay healthy and warm...



C4N!



18 comments:

Marilyn J. Rock said...

I always love viewing your art and reading your words! Stay well! xo

Priti.Lisa said...

You are due compliments and applause and love and hugs and
sideways glances
because
you are different.
♥ ♥ ♥

Linda said...

Great collage Cat; I love the effect you have created in the ochre areas.....is that paint? And you have such a lovely name for a signature? X

Linda said...

Ah....just gone back and read again, I guess it's the Nupastels?

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Marilyn.. Iam determined to stay healthy!

Caterina Giglio said...

Different ! That I am! So happy you stopped by dear Lisa! Xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Linda, Yes it is Nupastels which are water soluble and my new favorite paint! Easy to draw and use with a brush.. Xx

Margie said...

I so enjoy my visits here and see all the beauty you create.
Lovely work, here.

Take care, be well.

Margie
xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh Margie, you are so dear, thank you for coming by... hope you are doing well... xo

Suzi Smith said...

mmm… love the colours & papers. mr ldv has good taste (obviously, being with you) xo

Seth said...

Another wonderful series. You do have a way with paper!

Seth said...

Another wonderful series. You do have a way with paper!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You have a perfect excuse. Family should ALWAYS come first, whether it's making chicken soup or playing go-fer. I hope all is well on the home front, now.

I was really surprised by how dark those onion skin papers got. You got a great deal of variation, and of course, I always love variation and mottling. These are truly sensational pieces, and I love that pastry paper that I can't pronounce (grin).

Dorthe said...

They are wonderful little paper art collages, ...I guess they are not bigger than shown on my computer ?!!
which makes them perfect...I love your different pieces of painted and dyed, and new and old ones.
Hope you stay well dear Caterina-
love and hugs, Dorthe

Caterina Giglio said...

Suzi! how sweet! yes he knows what he likes!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Seth! Thanks for stopping by... and I do love paper so....

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E. thanks so much for understanding... determined to be healthy... taking very long breaks and not getting much accomplished... but so far so good!

The mottled look is from spooning the dye onto the paper and allowing it to sit and dry... that creates the spots... I love it, just yummy.. xx

Caterina Giglio said...

Yes dear Dorthe, 6 x 6 squares on 9 x 12 paper .. so happy you like the mix... xox

Follow by Email