Tuesday, January 14, 2014

water's color





there are many things
that mesmerize me
in this life...



water 
is one of them...






caribbean water on the beach...


so on my art journey in
this sweet life...

I decided to get back to painting..
and I chose water abstracts 
to 
play with...




wip.. in the middle and on the left black and white photo image...  Prismacolors, NUPASTEL 





I am using NUPASTELS again
 which allows me to shape the chalk and draw as well as blend with water
and use a brush.. they are so versatile..
I generally break them in half to use one for drawing, 
and the other piece lives
in the tray and I use it as a watercolor paint pot..




the water and sand at Lake Michigan

there are a couple of completed pieces, below
and I am working on the idea of some collaged pieces as well...

what I am wanting to 
do is create the

FEELING

of water..







 the images that 
inspired me are underneath the two pieces..
from my personal photo stash...








When I copy them in 
black and white, it allows me to use whatever colors
speak to me...

and lets face it, water comes in so many colors...




green, brown, blue, water of Mackinac Island


the first of the small mini series..










That's what I have been up to...


what is going on in YOUR January?





C4N!




18 comments:

Chris Gray said...

Love your watery theme!

....hoping to do some serious water-watching next month, so may join in with some small watery offerings myself :-)

X. C

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh really nice Caterina, water does have so many colors reflecting from it. Like this series so much....xox

Sylvia Ballerini Jewellery said...

Happy Nrw Year.
I like your interpretation of the ebb and flow of the tide, Cat.Your swirls represent the intricacy, of the ripple patterns, well.

Margie said...

Cat, you are such a gifted artist,
Beautiful works here.
I love water.
y
Oh, many thanks for the most kind words on my last post, meant so very much to me. You are so kind, truly!

Love and hugs
Margie

Caterina Giglio said...

Chris, cannot wait to see your water works!!

Corrine, I knew this would make you happy!! x

Thanks Sylvia, so glad you like it!

Oh, Margie, hope all is well for you and you are feeling much better, sending all my best wishes for a speedy recovery and good news for you sis as well!
and hugs and love back!

Marie Danti said...

Oh cool Cat! Love the ripples and transparency. I'm looking forward to the series you will create!
As for me, my preoccupation lately is frozen H2O! So much going on, still life and frozen movement and color.

ArtPropelled said...

Mesmerizing and so soothing.Your new series makes me think of meditation. An intriguing post, Cat.

Caterina Giglio said...

Marie, I bet you do have a lot of ice inspiration going on... I will leave you to it... done with the snow and ice of winter... rain and fog here ... but nothing to slip on!! stay safe and warm!!

Very kind words Robyn, it IS a meditation for me, I loose myself completely... and feel a renewed vigor for the studio ... thanks for stopping by!

Jo Murray said...

Water is VERY difficult...but you have certainly done it justice.

Becca said...

Oh my gosh, I love these! Your art and your photos are simply gorgeous!

Caterina Giglio said...

Jo, I agree, it is a challenge, but I am having fun with it ... thank you!

Hi Becca, thank you, so happy you like them working hard on the new series..

~*~Patty S said...

Water certainly is magical and I find the sound of water healing and refreshing ... just a few of its many charms...

Your "feeling" of water is translating beautifully into your art pieces Cat ♥

oxo

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is a wonderful series. I especially like your use of your black and white photos in the background. Beautiful translation!

Marilyn J. Rock said...

Love your artistic water!

sharon said...

So beautiful Cat, so soft, so dreamy. I love water, but only when it is warm, so I am having trouble thinking about water right now since it is so cold where i am, but looking at your warm colors is soothing!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thank you dear Patty..so kind of you... xox

Hi Mary Ann, thank you... the black and whites lend a sense of freedom to the work...

Marilyn, happy that you like them...

Well Sharon, if it helps. they were taken in warm places, and the photographer was probably sweating!! Stay warm!! x


Dorthe said...

Dear Cat,- how did I miss this post...
Your love of water and its moving ,and beautifull colours, are so gorgeous reproduced in your wonderful paintings.
Such lovely colours, too.
Hugs -Dorthe

Caterina Giglio said...

thank you so much Dorthe, I am so happy that you like the new images.. xxoo

Follow by Email