Tuesday, January 14, 2014

water's color





there are many things
that mesmerize me
in this life...



water 
is one of them...






caribbean water on the beach...


so on my art journey in
this sweet life...

I decided to get back to painting..
and I chose water abstracts 
to 
play with...




wip.. in the middle and on the left black and white photo image...  Prismacolors, NUPASTEL 





I am using NUPASTELS again
 which allows me to shape the chalk and draw as well as blend with water
and use a brush.. they are so versatile..
I generally break them in half to use one for drawing, 
and the other piece lives
in the tray and I use it as a watercolor paint pot..




the water and sand at Lake Michigan

there are a couple of completed pieces, below
and I am working on the idea of some collaged pieces as well...

what I am wanting to 
do is create the

FEELING

of water..







 the images that 
inspired me are underneath the two pieces..
from my personal photo stash...








When I copy them in 
black and white, it allows me to use whatever colors
speak to me...

and lets face it, water comes in so many colors...




green, brown, blue, water of Mackinac Island


the first of the small mini series..










That's what I have been up to...


what is going on in YOUR January?





C4N!