Follow by Email

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

sewing series





I work a bit...
and then stop to pack a box...
and then sort through papers
and throw out old paint...








and then I find a piece of paper that I think 
would be a great fit...
and glue that down...





working in a 
stream of consciousness ...
completely intuitively...








on my new series...
the sewing series...
which will be featured in the next issue
of 
Sew Somerset...







about patterns and dressmaking...
inspired by Lippincott's Home Manual 
a book I picked up some time ago..






and finished two new pieces... above
No. 40 and Lippincotts Home Manuals...

collage on Khadi papers...


and now I am taking a short break just thru the weekend,
and hope to be back on Monday next...
with hopefully some new photos and perhaps some sketches...


as always, I so appreciate your kind readership...
and thoughtful comments...


Have a lovely weekend...

C4N!




13 comments:

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am so interested in this new series...you can create amazing works here. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

ArtPropelled said...

The sewn fabric pieces make the collages come alive don't they?!It sounds like you are doing a bit of juggling with art and packing. I'm sure it makes packing more pleasant.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Ummm, nice as always.....will look out for this one too! xox

Margie said...

Your sewing series looks wonderful.
My mom was a great sewer :)
Congrats on your work being in Sew Somerset

Take care and happy packing (not, can packing ever be happy??)

xo

Dorthe said...

They are gorgeous, dear Caterina, so love how you hand sewed around the patterns, and the low colour tones you used .. the old patterns are wonderful with the choosen papers!!!
Congratulations on being in Sew Sommerset!!and happy weekend, dear!!
Hugs,Dorthe

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Work a little....play a little...pack a little!
I like this sewing series and especially like the loose strings that create an interesting line! Enjoy your weekend!

Marie Danti said...

I am really liking these a lot... so different than the usual pattern collage that I've seen; love the vintage ephemera!
We've moved houses 14 times over the years and I always get to such a procrastinating/ anxious state. I'm impressed with your ability to work creatively while in the midst of packing.

Gayle Price said...

So very beautiful. Also, beautiful images in previous post of froggy in amongst those gorgeous flowers...what a delightful home he has. xx

Patti said...

Packing and working - you never cease to amaze me!

~*~Patty S said...

nice way to balance the chore of packing with some creative relief!

when I am supposed to be tidying/organizing I am always distracted by unearthed treasures...

what would SEW Somerset do without you Missy!

don't work too hard...sounds like you are finding a perfect balance to get all of these jobs done

(((hugs)))
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't begin to imagine having to pack, lose your studio, and also submit art to Somerset on deadline at the same time. You are truly amazing!! As, of course, are your awesome sewn pieces. I look forward to this next series.

Kim Andersen said...

I love your images with old pattern pieces - it reminds me of watching my mom as she sewed clothes for all of us - and what a nice break from packing - a bit of art here and there :)

Anni - Fabric and Mixed Media Art said...

Caterina your new serie of collages are really wonderful with the pattern pieces, love your work.
Hugs Anni