Friday, July 26, 2013

studio tour





since I have nothing to show for myself ...
but a very clean studio...

I thought I would share it with you...
but as you read in the last post... it is subject to change...

Yes we are moving...
again...






and I have to sort through my studio treasures once more to see what I can live with..
and without...
and agonizingly, after I cleaned this up, the realtor did not even use the photo for the listing...
probably too scary for potential buyers... LOL!


starting from the door, the sewing table below and inspiration boards with antique folding table in the corner... Sarah Fisburn gave me the bodacious inspiration boards, and I know she thought I would turn them over and paint on them and perhaps I will one day, but she is always with me in the studio... hanging out wherever my studio goes...
  


Yes, we have an inkling of where we are going, but I still don't know for sure...
so hate to announce it and then say, "oops, never mind"...



So many cards and pressies from so many friends below on the inspiration boards...





so I will save the announcement until I know where we are going...


in the drawing below I failed to include the window above the parsons table.. and finally got my little 
student easel up... I love my stained glass fleur below..


what I do know for sure is that we will be renting 
something smaller a townhouse or an apartment, but I will have studio space...
but probably NOT a garden...




the Dolce Shop below...


can you hear me pouting... seriously pouting...



my armoire holds a lot of fabrics... and sewing supplies...


we have loved this house, it is big and roomy and comfortable and the forest is
so wonderful...
every eve at dusk, when the light hits the top of trees it is known as the "magic hour"
shortly after that the forest is alight with fireflies... 



and takes up most of the wall...




and although my poor garden suffered with all the rain this year, I will miss gardening dreadfully..




I love the antique eye chart and the little cabinet with all the drawers is indispensible..



and I will miss my antiques, the armoire has to go and the table above will find new homes...




and I have never seen the paper basket so neat.. I folded a lot of paper to get it like this...



so many things will be for sale and I will again practice the art of release...

I love the affirmation of the Golden newsletter below... Just Paint..



I know we will not be moving to Colorado, but hopefully we will be back for a visit and dare I say.. a show? 
I am hopeful, but not certain...


and I left one desk a mess, because... well..... I work here...


and here is my big announcement....

I will be in Somerset Studio's Artist Profile for the Sept/Oct issue and I sent in 13 new pieces of work for that article, so it would make a lovely collection...
we shall see...


little drawing... so not to scale, but you will get the idea of how tiny it is... 11' x 11'
and the walk in closet is probably 5' x 4'...



Thank you all for your well wishes and concerns...


lovely bits from my friends ... that represent my life for the last 2 years...



I am not the vagabond type, loving roots and family and deep friendships and connections...
but we really have to go where the opportunity calls...

and I know that one day, I will have a place
with a large studio...
and a large garden...
but until then, I will have to bliss out 
wherever I land..



XO