Thursday, May 30, 2013

may pages







may journal pages are finally finished...
if texture is any indication...
then
it was a very busy month...
a wedding..
a vacation...
a death..
tornado's..
a lot going on this month...





so the writing is underneath it all..
and there was a lot of writing
about transformation
and transformative events...
because that is what the symbol of the butterfly represents to me...
a tiny piece from my journal...







I loved the look of the corrugated cardboard ripped back and collaged...
like a kiosk layered in posters...








with tiny pieces of information and story still intact...






the two page spread below, you can barely read the date...
it seems quite pink, but it is really 
brown...






ingredients: gesso, pumice gel, pencil, pen, paint, walnut ink, colored pencil, cardboard, antique ephemera, original sketch...





I am currently on deadline for two
separate publications...
but I will be back soon with

sneaky peeks and summer shots...

ciao, ciao!






19 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I like the lighter background on your blog, and of course, I LOVE your May pages. You got a LOT of texture out of that gesso. Very impressive how it looks like old plaster, which bodes well with the idea of a kiosk.

Take care of yourself while on deadline. I look forward to your speedy return.

Gayle Price said...

Beautiful textures and I love the "fogginess" of it. xx

Laura said...

I love these Cat... so, so beautiful!

Marie Danti said...

Your May pages are my favorites so far....love the layers, disintegration and transformation.
Really exceptional...probably because they encompass so much!

sharon said...

Love the "thick" plastery look, like ages of old. That is enough of a statement for me, then the butterfly emerges like life....gorgeous....

Sharmon Davidson said...

I like it even more knowing all those words are beneath the surface... another way to pray, a beautiful ritual...

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I love the delicacy and the layers...are those your drawings of the butterflies? Peaceful thoughts captured on your sacred marks! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Dorthe said...

Your May page is gorgeous,-the cardboard and great texture ,the newspaper pieces, gesso and paint- you made this such an amazing piece -
Love it Caterina.
Hugs,Dorthe

Seth said...

Even though the writing is covered, these textures still speak to me!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful Caterina...expresses in texture and color all the emotion of this time in your life. The corrugated cardboard is used perfectly on these pages.

Lori Saul said...

Fantastic layers of beauty and texture- a feeling of lightness!

Lori

Foxglove Hollow

Anneke said...

i found your blog and what a lovely may page you made.
i like the texture very much and the colors.
greetings from Ann.
http://lasize.blogspot.nl

http://scrapcardsfromlasize.blogspot.nl

ArtPropelled said...

I also like the corrugated board ripped back .... and all the layers. Gorgeous journal pages!

~*~Patty S said...

thank you for sharing your beautiful and memorable May days captured on your lovely pages...

I have quite a collection of torn cardboard...it always winks at me ♥

Happy June Dear One
oxo

Yvonne said...

I really love the simplicity of your work. So intriquing, interesting, unique and more. Very powerful.

Anneke said...

thanks for visiting my blog and i became a follower from your blog.
greetings from Ann and a lovely week

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Marvelous use of corrugated and gesso in your pages. xox

Priti.Lisa said...

Your wee scraps and snippets and illustrations carefully placed like pieces of a puzzle...so soft and inviting, like a pillow. ♥♥

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Fragments, sentiments...those wonderful rough edges. I love the weathered look of what remains. Battered not beaten.

Follow by Email