Tuesday, May 7, 2013

jardin collages






well, gentle readers...
I told you I would be back before I left on my 
spring vacation...

I put a couple of collage paintings 
in the shop and I thought
I would show them to you before I go... 






from my 
French Paper Series...
stitches... paint... texture...










and it looks like I will be learning how to 
charge taxes soon in the 
my, my, my...
perhaps paypal will make it easy..
we will just have to wait and see...


I loved making these
jardin pieces...
from an old botany book... and French note books, and bits of crumbling books..







 as a set...





we are off shortly to take a trip
home to Colorado...
I have missed everyone so much..
not quite a year since my last visit, but it feels like forever...

and then some fun in Vegas
I promise to take my camera...
who knows what I will find in Vegas...




hope you are having a beautiful spring/fall
wherever you may be...


xo





12 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I heard on TV there was a bill to charge taxes on internet sales. What a pity. The last of the free enterprise marketing.

Your collages are gorgeous. You do the BEST with beiges, blacks, and whites. Wonderful.

Have a fun (and safe) trip. Remember, what happens in Vegas . . . . . . . . (grin)

Yvonne said...

Love the collages as usual they are beautiful. Have a wonderful and safe trip.

Dorthe said...

Caterina, your collages are beautiful!!! love your sewing, and the french texts-the black ribbon gives them in a fantastic way just the "road" to focus on the paperworks you did!
Wish you happy dayes in Colorado-only know it from John Denver`s songs which I still love, :-)
Hugs,Dorthe

Gayle Price said...

Beautiful pages. Enjoy your trip, be inspired. xx

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful collages dear Cat!

Happy travels to you going back to beautiful CO

Enjoy♥Enjoy!
oxo

sharon said...

My heart just skips a beat looking at these, the flourish of the petals and the black and white and the old tone of the paper, I am swooning! Gor geee, oooouuuus!

Have a beautiful trip!

Kim Henkel said...

Oh I love the colours and the botanical drawings. Beautiful collages!

Kim Andersen said...

Such pretty things you make Cat!
I'm sure "they" will make it very easy to charge sales tax ... The headache and the hassle is exponentially bigger for companies like Etsy and Paypal ... They've probably been working on algorithms for months maybe years in preparation for what is inevitable. I know my state will benefit! I'm fine with it.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

I like these and find it interesting to give old worn books new life and meaning! Love the polka dots!
Las Vegas should be fun and maybe profitable...good luck!

suziqu's thread works said...

Caterina you somehow make simple look stunning! Love those beautiful black and white botanical prints used so creatively with French papers.
Beautiful creativity!
Have a wonderful time back in Colorado!
Hugs,
Suzy

Suzi Smith said...

love, love, love!
enjoy your trip, safe travels.... did i say i loved these?!

Linda said...

Love your art Cat.....so very distinctive and classy (like you).
Glad to hear you're having a wonderful holiday :-) xx