Tuesday, January 8, 2013

abstracts







ciao, gentle readers...
I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge
all of my new followers
and thank you
for 
joining in on 
the sweet life...

grazie!










as you see I have been hard at work
in the studio...
I know it looks like I took a break, but really I have been working...
I snapped these pics for you...
sneaky peeks
of the abstracts that I sent to
Sew Somerset







four pieces on Khadi paper 
and two 8 x 8 canvas 
all in my French Paper Series..






I find that I am slowly going back
to non representational work...






It is where my heart has always been
and I am yearning to get back to painting...
although I am sure there will
be collage..
because ... well... collage happens...





and these are just some
pics of them in progress...
since I can't show you the 
real pieces until they return from
Stampington...








I should be receiving my
Italian Beauties 
before too long...
from the winter 2012















hope you enjoyed the mess...

C4N!



17 comments:

Yvonne said...

A lovely mess...and yes I enjoy seeing your bits of work here and in the magazines.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Yo've been busy bringing some Spring into winter's palette it looks like in your peaks. Nice article in Sew Somerset! xox

Dorthe said...

Hi Caterina,
your sneak peak`s promise gorgeous collaged pieces -I love what I can see here- and llok forward reading your article!
xo,Dorthe

Marilyn Rock said...

Beautiful; gorgeous sneak peek! Thank you....xxoo

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Such a beautiful mess!! Your papers and collage items are fragile and beautiful...always ready to see more!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It seems like every time I pick up a Sew Somerset you are not just IN it, your name is on the front cover! I always find inspiration in everything you make, so I look forward to seeing what you come up with and how your work evolves. I sure like what I'm seeing.

lynne h said...

the color with the neutrals and stitching! ahhhhh!!!

xoxo

Seth said...

Beautiful sneaky peeks -- as I am sure your paintings will be too!

~*~Patty S said...

You and your stunning creations are regular features in SEW Somerset which is always a treat!

Fun sneaky peeks here too
oxo

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I find myself energized with the mess in my nest....I love this!!! Enjoy the moment and play to our heart's content! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Winnie said...

I just found you and your blog after reading The Artful Blogger. Your work is just lovely. I love collage, and just took my first class with Claudine Hellmuth last year. I am a card maker, so this is something new for me. I love all things French inspired (my craft room is done in a Paris motif..) Can't wait to see more of your work!

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

Wow, I love that 1st abstract photo. Pops right out and smacks you on the lips :) Very cool.

mansuetude said...

A late Happy New Year to you and your wonderful work.

Looking forward to the new abstracts!

Blessings

*jean* said...

lovely! saw that your artful blogging article was also in excerpt in somerset studio this month as well!!! love your collage but i understand about painting...i have been itching to do that myself...

sharon said...

I adore the peeks of color I am seeing, alongside the bright white...so clean looking! Your work always inspires!

Laura said...

wonderful, wonderful. I made two SoulCollages today, and was reminded just how difficult handwork is for me and why I've switched to photography... but I miss the old practices, the getting messy and making magic.

rivergardenstudio said...

Beautiful abstracts Cat, I love the touch of red-orange and your collaging.
roxanne

Follow by Email