Follow by Email

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

november pages








as usual gentle readers,
I am behind on my work ...
this is the busy time of year...
when art and deadlines are combined
with 
packages, decorating and baking...









november pages started with 
my notes of gratitude, for my sweet life...
and then I began to layer them with collage...
using what I had on my table of course...






and then, Mr. La Dolce Vita's sweet brother died
unexpectedly and tragically..
so
 I wanted to add his passing to the pages
...
 the little white square below represents
our stable foundation 
being stitched back together...








"the trouble is... you think you have
time."

Buddha 







ingredients: collage, paper ephemera, antique hankie, thread



off to the studio...
I have lots of projects in the works
I hope you are taking time 
to enjoy your life and loves...



C4N!







14 comments:

Valerianna said...

Hi Caterina - oh, how sad. Sudden death is an extremely shocking and un-doing thing. My nieces husband died suddenly (at 31) two years ago on Thanksgiving weekend. It rocked the family boat for a long time. The stitching is a beautiful metaphor for healing.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was saddened to read about your DH's recent loss. You have had SO much tragedy in your life. The page representing the loss and healing are perfect. Such wisdom, deep meaning, and beauty in your pages.

~*~Patty S said...

beautiful expressions dear Cat
trying to stitch and hold ourselves together from life's wounds and hurts and losses is about all we can do

so very sorry for your loss dear heart

gentle hugs and healing keep coming your way
oxo

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

This is a beautiful piece and clearly a statement for life and living with what time we have...lovely!

lynne h said...

beautiful, just beautiful, cat... and yes to the quote...

love, love...

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Heart full pages my friend. I knew you had gone to a funeral, sorry for the circumstances. Hope your Christmas will be full of love and goodness. Keep stitching those foundations. xox

ArtPropelled said...

Beautiful art for healing. I'm glad you are taking yourself off to the studio.

sharon said...

So sorry Cat, I hope your beautiful pages served as a healing process for you. Wonderful textures and layers of our lives.

*jean* said...

so very sorry to hear that, cat...thank goodness for the gift of artful healing...xo take care

Zom said...

I love the symbolism of your stitching. Inspiring.

kimmie said...

such a deep loss .... and your work of art is a stunning and elegant tribute to a life so well loved ....

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss, but happy to read of your other success here. Beautiful, delicate collages with so much love and attention put into them!

Gaby Bee said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, Cat. Your pages are just beautiful!

I'm going to take a little break.
Best wishes for a peaceful Christmas to you and yours; may all of your dreams come true for 2013!

Hugs,
Gaby

Sharmon Davidson said...

How sad, Cat, that your husband's brother passed away after all the recent sadnesses you've had to endure... Your collage is lovely, especially the part with symbolic stitching. It helps, doesn't it, to express our feelings through art? Hugs to you and your hubby; may your sorrows be lifted, and your love grow ever stronger, supported by each other...