Monday, September 24, 2012

port 2 st. thomas





we arrived late in St. Thomas...
it was 11 am and it was already hot...
but gorgeous as always...
this is what it looked like as we headed in for port...






and the ruins below on the shore






the sail boats were picturesque in the harbor






and we took a taxi into town
to shop and have lunch...






one of the things I love about the islands...
 are the quaint
alleyways and charming restaurants that you stumble across..







this one was perfect...
 Ciao Amici...
with a pizza oven and lots of great salads...







we opted for a seat at the bar on comfy bistro stools...
and ordered a salad and a glass of wine of course...
and then we set out walking and browsing
and talking to the shop owners...






St. Thomas, St John and St. Croix were purchased in 1917 by the U. S. for 25 million
in gold

I would have liked to linger longer, 
but St. Maarten was calling..






I hope you enjoy the travel photos
while I am busy in the studio...
I will be back soon with pics of St. Maarten and
soon my finished journal
and of course September pages...
as always I so appreciate your readership...


xo