Follow by Email

Monday, September 24, 2012

port 2 st. thomas





we arrived late in St. Thomas...
it was 11 am and it was already hot...
but gorgeous as always...
this is what it looked like as we headed in for port...






and the ruins below on the shore






the sail boats were picturesque in the harbor






and we took a taxi into town
to shop and have lunch...






one of the things I love about the islands...
 are the quaint
alleyways and charming restaurants that you stumble across..







this one was perfect...
 Ciao Amici...
with a pizza oven and lots of great salads...







we opted for a seat at the bar on comfy bistro stools...
and ordered a salad and a glass of wine of course...
and then we set out walking and browsing
and talking to the shop owners...






St. Thomas, St John and St. Croix were purchased in 1917 by the U. S. for 25 million
in gold

I would have liked to linger longer, 
but St. Maarten was calling..






I hope you enjoy the travel photos
while I am busy in the studio...
I will be back soon with pics of St. Maarten and
soon my finished journal
and of course September pages...
as always I so appreciate your readership...


xo





13 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always enjoy your vacation photos. The water is so blue and so is the sky. These photos want to draw me in, and I felt like I walked those streets with you.

BTW, I'm going to have to try some of those eco-dyed fabrics you talked about in Sew Somerset (Summer, 2012). It's the first time I have seen information on dyeing small batches. Everything else I've ever found wanted you to dye at least two yards of fabric and use an "acre" of herbs/plants (small exaggeration, but not by much). Even the site you recommended in the article called for more plants than I could possibly collect at one time, since I had been there some time back.

Analia Faul said...

Bellissimo posto,e stupende foto.Un abbracio anche a te!

Jill Zaheer said...

What absolutely gorgeous photos of your travels. The colors are exquisite- filling a palette of joy for as far as my eyes can see! Thanks so much as well for stopping by my blog. Always love visiting with you here! xo

Marilyn Rock said...

So beautiful! Gorgeous photos of your travel and thank you for sharing.

Thanks for stopping by my Blog; sorry I have not been stopping by so frequently. It's been a tough few months here. I'm slowly getting back to some enjoyable activities.

Best always - Marilyn

Marie Danti said...

Glad to see you are back safe and sound! Love your photos! My husband were thereabouts some ten years ago. We stayed in a yacht & sailed around the islands for 12 days! It took awhile to get my "land legs" back!

sharon said...

Thank you for transporting me into heaven for a few brief minutes! Very beautiful, and always very inspiring!

lynne h said...

my goodness! it sure is beautiful there! thank you for the tour, cat! xoxo

Seth said...

The blue of that water makes me swoon!

In the Light of the Moon said...

I'm sooooo relaxed..your words,the photos,the birds chirping..heehee..Love visiting you!! xo

Judy Wise said...

Oh, that blue. *swoon*

Laura said...

o cat...such exquisite blues!!!

layers said...

I do love your travel photos.. you are so lucky to be traveling to these lovely islands.. enjoy enjoy enjoy!

~*~Patty S said...

ahhh just gorgeous and that quaint alleyway is sparkling clean...always enjoy that extra detail in far off lands
oxo