Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

port 1 coco cay




back from my journey,
 gentle readers,

with my travelogue...
our first stop was a private island owned by the 
cruise company
below is what it looked like from the tender
that we took to reach the island




our plan was to get to the island early
and find a lovely spot..
the island filled up quickly...


"The sea once it casts it's spell, holds one in it's net forever."
Jacque Costeau






as you see it was quite picturesque...
I do love lounging on the beach...






the water was perfect, just the right temp...

"Why do we love the sea? it is because it has some potent power to make us think the things we like to think."
Robert Henri






and very clear...





the temperature though was quite hot 89 degrees with 79% humidity
or 31.6 Celsius 
It took us a while but we finally found the breezy side and 
settled in near a hammock...





there were lots of activities, but all I wanted was to relax
and doze...
the salt air, the breeze on my face, the gentle wave, always brings me back to an inner sense of peace and calm..
it brings me back to me...





this time...
we choose a trip with less ports and more time for resting
and I am so glad we did..





I am slowly getting back in the swing... I will have more photos for you
and will be showing you my journal, filled with scribbles and sketches...

off to the studio to finish work...
I will stop by your blogs as soon as I can...
so happy to be back...


C4N!







9 comments:

mansuetude said...

I want to live there!

jealous person over here..... :)

*jean* said...

looks glorious...just the perfect caribbean scenery!

Kimberly said...

Living the good life I see! So happy that you're finding the right balance of sunshine and creativity in your life.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Gorgeous blues and lapping waves! Enjoy your rejuvenation....xox

~*~Patty S said...

ahh I feel refreshed just looking at your beautiful photos! those blues slay me and I can almost hear the breeze rustling thru those perfect palm trees..ahhh
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And we are happy to have you back, too, dear. I was lulled into your vacation with your awesome photos, feeling the breeze on my face, as well as the heat. Oh woops, that's MY heat, which means it is still hot in Kansas. But we have no palm trees, which I adore. Glad you are back and can't wait to see more of your trip.

lynne h said...

my goodness, that's beautiful!! i think i would be doing some serious dozing and swimming there! reading henri's quote makes me think about how the ocean/beach seems to bring out the child in everyone. each time i've been to the ocean this summer i've been struck by this. everyone (or almost everyone) seems to be instantly transformed.

happy fall days to you, cat...

xoxo

kimmie said...

The water looks so inviting!! I would have trouble getting out of that hammock!

Zom said...

And you are happy to be back because? ;)