Tuesday, June 12, 2012

lake michigan





there is nothing like a day
spent near big water and sugar sand to restore
your senses...

though I grew up in Michigan, I don't remember much beach time..





now that I have returned, I would really
like to spend more time near the water...







it is such a healing place...


Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or 
scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.  ~Loren Eiseley





Mr. LDV and I drove up to Pentwater for the day
a
darling little town, and no bigger than a minute..
but we did manage to find a place to eat
and they had gluten-free hamburger buns... imagine that...
with my vino of course!






and a lovely view of the water
what a great way to spend a Sunday..

xo






14 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

That is some big water where you are. Charming spot. Feet in the sand is a good thing. xox

sf said...

Man! Missing you woman! I could dig hanging out here...drinking some wine...with you...

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I love being on the beach but am allergic to the sun so walking along near the water fully clothed is about all I can do. :) I wonder if I've been to Pentwater? It's possible. My cousin is always taking me places when we are visiting Spring Lake/Grand Haven. Hope your day is great. Tammy

Angela Canada Hopkins said...

I clicked on the link cause I thought it looked like home. Yup. Lake Michigan. Ahhh, so nice to see.

lynne h said...

ahhh, water... as one who lives on a creek you don't have to convince me! and look at that sky!!

xoxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Looks like that restaurant was bigger than the town. Gluten free HB buns? I can only imagine. Wonderful watery post today, dear. Hope it was a fun time.

sharon said...

Your words and photos arew always inspiring Cat!

~*~Patty S said...

Aren't you lucky to have that within driving distance...that quote speaks beautifully to the draw of the beach and water

thank you for sharing your sweet getaway!
oxo

mansuetude said...

Loren Eiseley is an amazing poet.

beautiful Yes to the water time. wonderful images

artistamyjo said...

I knew that beach right away!
Love the Pentwater area. We live in Traverse City so going there is a good get away.
Hugs

Gaby Bee said...

What a beautiful place! Loved to hear the birdies:)

merci33 said...

Such a splendid Eiseley...
and a wonderful Sunday meandering...living at the edge of the continent, as I do, I so appreciate your reflections.
Beautiful.

rivergardenstudio said...

"big water and sugar sand" .... sound enticing to me. And what a beautiful quote! roxanne

nancy neva gagliano said...

yes, that "ancient urge" from that water we can't see across.
and "small" is good, when it comes to our lakeshore.
happy you're enjoying ...
x0nn

Follow by Email