Monday, February 27, 2012

inside the museum



ciao, dear readers...
here is
part 2 of my museum
tour...





it is always frustrating to find
photos do not turn out well, 
so there are few of the art in the museum...

but the French costume books were wonderful...

and the frames were works of art in themselves





the carved wood was magnificent 
and the gilding is an art unto itself...





a huge mirror
above frames a French Painting
below a detail of a painting






the Ringlings were
not only avid collectors of art






but they imported whole rooms
from Italy and France
and had them meticulously installed in
Florida...





below a mosaic 
of the zodiac...




and another view of 
click on the link above 
to view the rooms inside..






as you see... it was a gorgeous day...
just lovely to rest
in the sun...









and imagine how 
the Ringlings
enjoyed
Sarasota bay...
which does look
like the grand canal...


are you tired of sight seeing?


xo





9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I could look at these photos all day long. I never tire sight seeing with you! Between the gorgeous photos and your narrative, I could read and scroll all day!

I know what you mean by photos not turning out well. I have loads of those. Mine are far worse than anything you could take, but there is NO way to go back and get better ones once you have left the area. Still, yours are magnificent.

mansuetude said...

I am reading an essay about architecture and "Sight Seeing" right now, so your last question hit me as a surprise. All of the internet is a form of sight seeing, isn't it!

lovely images. looks like a great patio to gaze out on the view.

Renee Howell said...

Soooo beautiful! Is the the Ringling Bros of the circus???? If so - what an odd combo.... Thanks for sharing....

Valerianna said...

My parents move to Venice a year ago... I haven't made it to the Ringling Museum yet, but Sarasota is very close, so I plan to. They say its amazingm it does look beautiful. I love the last photo of the bay, it DOES look very canal like with such a grand landing!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I am ready to run away and join the circus!!! Amazing! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez stewart

audrey said...

Not getting away much these days makes me enjoy the sightseeing a lot!!!! Your photos are always lovely, Cat, and I love tagging along on your interesting getaways.
This is a beautiful place, but the gardens are what draw me in ~ gorgeous!
♥ audrey

deannawelch19@gmail.com said...

Did your soul breath a sigh of relief as it was taken home? XOXO

~*~Patty S said...

I never tire of friends travels...next best thing to getting to visit myself :)

I think it's nice they let you take photos inside..I always feel frustrated when no photos are allowed WHAT!

Not being a real fan of the circus (not sure why exactly) I must admit I have been nothing but charmed with your Ringling visit...totally not what I was expecting!
oxo

Margaret said...

not tired at all, superb tour! love the last shot down to the water...Mx

Follow by Email