Monday, January 30, 2012

january pages



finally!!
caught up with my
art journal pages
it is nice to be
on top of things again...
until the next deadline of course...



 the woman who cried flowers

have you ever noticed that sorrows
can turn into joys when given enough
time to heal
and mend?


I was thinking this month about a relationship
that has completely transformed in the last two months...
and how delighted I am to 
be a part of that change...





I used antique book pages
and cut out petal pieces and realized that they were
tears...
as well...
funny how that works...







or raindrops...





I have been drawing more lately...
and painting on book pages





ingredients: Acrylic paint, pen, colored pencil, PVA, thread, paper ephemera 
tissue paper, workable fixative, fine pumice gel.


I found that if I used my brush dipped in PVA and water, it worked the colored pencil like watercolor






I am taking another blog break,
because we are headed to Florida...
so I will bring you along with...
some of you may need sunshine too...

I want to thank you all for your kind remarks
about balance...
certainly something that many of us
consider a work in progress...



grazie,
grazie!

be back in a couple of weeks...
xo








23 comments:

Steph said...

lovely pages, Cat....

Manon Doyle said...

So beautiful, Cat!! So good to see you!! : )

Becca said...

Looks awesome! Love the book pages!
Have a wonderful trip!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

This journal entry appears to be sad...for whatever reason ...she is still a gorgeous woman expressing her feelings with those she can trust.!!! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

sharon said...

I think your page looks powerful, through tears come strength!
Have a fab trip!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

i love how the tears turned into petals and the meaning of this piece. greta tip about PVA and water! thanks for sharing!
hugs,
peggy aplSEEDS

lynne h said...

a face! she said excitedly! : )

have a fabulous trip, cat...

xoxo

Valerianna said...

Crying flowers, like that. Magical journeys to you....

Sharmon Davidson said...

i love the woman who cried flowers! a magical transformation, that is... Have a wonderful vacation, and bring us back some sunshine!

audrey said...

Cat,
The Woman Who Cried Flowers is beautiful ~ she has such a pretty face and the flower tears are perfect!!
Have the best time in Florida. I have many friends there right now getting some needed R&R.
Enjoy!
♥ audrey

Linda said...

This is beautiful! Enjoy Florida....

ArtPropelled said...

The woman who cried flowers .... serendipitous that the petals turned into tears and then flowers. Lovely idea and pages Cat!

~*~Patty S said...

you know your tears and flowers pages speak to me especially this time of year...so beautiful dear Cat

happy that you and your Mr are headed for sunny skies and warmer climes...enjoy * enjoy!

I always enjoy other people's travel photos...it is a treat to see new places through special people's eyes
oxo

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Dramatic pages....enjoy the break. xox Corrine

Margaret said...

Magical page, I love her, beauitful sentiment too.

Enjoy the sunshine, the warmth on your skin and let it fill your heart Mxx

T's Daily Treasures said...

Have a wonderful trip. Best wishes, Tammy

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Cat, you are remarkable. I am totally impressed. Have a super vacation and enjoy the sunshine and (dare I say it?) humidity. Yep, that's my take on Florida. But I do like the sunshine!

merci33 said...

Singing the day and crying flowers...a lovely combination.

May the tropical sunshine renew you '-)

Lori Saul said...

Wow so stunning and original- your work always inspires and amazes Caterina!

Sophie Munns said...

So beautifully poetic Cat!
Love that the tears are flowers. Transforming a relationship... what a delicate yet beautiful thing!
xo S

Gaby Bee said...

This is smashing!

Enjoy your break.
Gaby xo

Laura said...

sooo beautiful Cat...I love the tears blossoming into flowers.

Linda said...

Lovely to see your precious art work Cat...you have a great talent for drawing.
I am late here...so I already know you had a wonderful holiday ;-)
XX

Follow by Email