Monday, December 12, 2011

message of peace





ciao, gentle readers...
I wanted to get one more post written... at least
before I take my annual
Buon Natale 
holiday
and thought I would share 
new work with you...






Message of Peace
20 x 28
one of my largest collage pieces, is from
my French Papers series






I delivered it to the new gallery...
last weekend
and I meant to take photos 
so that you can see how gorgeous the gallery is...






and below is the companion piece to Fleur
in the last post...
this small piece is titled Allegro
she sat out the last post due to a naughty frame...







and I will just apologize for the shadows and reflections
as I was in a hurry to shoot these
and document them for you
dear readers...
so you could get an idea of size...





may the Success of the Season
be undoubtably
peace 


I promise to find time to get some photos 
of the new gallery and old town
before Mr. LDV and I go off to 
Chicago for the holiday...


as we near the solstice...
I have been thinking a lot about 
my desires for the future
artistically and personally....
as some of you remember my tradition of
collecting thoughts to write on paper 
scraps to plant in the spring
in my new garden...
...
sending you all blessings of peace...

C4N!



20 comments:

Cynthia Monica said...

Blessings of Peace to you Dear Caterina and to Mr. LDV as well! Have a joyous Buon Natale! I love your work with French Papers....so delicate and lovely!

NuminosityBeads said...

Peace to you and Solstice greetings to you Cat and enjoy your holiday and respite. Thanks so much for sharing your artistic and personal journey with us.
xoxo Kim

Renee! said...

Love all the work in this post... especially little Allegro!
Peace and blessings to you!

lynne h said...

oh WOW, cat! LOVE these!! the gallery will be so happy to have them. the gallery looks like a very nice place - energetically and otherwise...

xoxo

LauraX said...

beautiful as always...may peace flow everywhere!

Renee Howell said...

Enjoy, enjoy! xox Renee

sharon said...

I love your messages of peace Cat, they are sooo very peaceful, and your imagery translates so well. Absolute beauty, and so inspiring!

Marie said...

Bon Voyage!
The assemblage of french papers is just wonderful!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have missed SO much, and am delighted to see some of the art I have missed over the past several days when my internet decided to play hookie. I was glad to see how different the sizes were on these pieces, because sometimes a picture is worth a thousand "inches" so to speak.

You will be missed over the solstice and Christmas, but enjoy your time in Chicago.

Lorraine said...

lovely collage pieces..hope you and your family have a lovely christmas

T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy holidays to you and yours Cat. Your work is lovely! Sounds like you are keeping busy and doing well. Have a great rest of the week. Best wishes, Tammy

Nathalie Thompson said...

Your latest pieces are beautiful, as is all of your work. I saw some of it in the latest (?) Sew Somerset. What a treat! Congrats!

Buon Natale to you too!
(my name sake holiday!)

nancy neva gagliano said...

these pieces are fabulous framed...so gentle.

enjoy the sparkling avenue, such a gorgeous city during the holidays!
cheers, x0

Fleur de Boheme said...

Thanks for your sweet coment, would be lovely to zip a cup of tea here with you and enjoy Christmas :-) I love your newest pictures, I´m sure they sell well! Here we can really feel the consequences of the Euro-crisis, Christmas sales have been an absolute disaster until now!! I hope you´re doing better in the US.

Have a nice holiday, see ya´!

xxx Kirsten

~*~Patty S said...

such loveliness and in all sizes too!

happiest of peaceful days to you all ways dear one!
oxo

Margaret said...

Beauitful work Cat, all the best to you and yours this festive season. Mx

Steph said...

I simply ADORE these Cat!!!
Have a happy holiday season!!!

lilylovekin said...

I love the shot that showed the difference in size, amazing. Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

layers said...

Your new work.. collages are wonderful.. I love the bird theme and all the printings. and I hope you have a wonderful holiday break.

EdenClare said...

sooo sooo pretty...going to get somerset...so i can see your spread....

Follow by Email