Follow by Email

Friday, October 14, 2011

caribbean blues




ciao... dear ones,
I probably did this backwards...

...showed you the journal first...
when I should have shown you the inspiration
and then the art work...
oh well...

you will forgive me... I know...







you should be able to double click on the photos
for enlargements
yes
the water is that blue
and
clear
and yes, it is that lush...
and the sand is powder fine...
you truly must see it for yourself....









to say I fell in love was an understatement...
Antigua has 365 beaches
they all look like this I am sure!





each day was magnificent...




quaint...






waterfront shopping, boardwalk hopping, and restaurant eating...
at Sint Maarten
one of the loveliest of the islands...






St. Croix has an incredibly gorgeous
which was once a sugar plantation




protected Caribbean plant species are nurtured
among the crumbling splendor of the old plantation...






rest stops shaded by spanish moss...




and achingly gorgeous views abound...





I think I shot close to 400 pics
so I had trouble condensing this little
travelogue, dear readers...




you will forgive me that it goes on and on...





and even though I am a monochroma
kind of girl...
I was taken with the pastels...






and sweeping arches





and if you have not seen my little upcycled travel journal
just scroll down to the last post...





I promise to be back shortly
with
September pages...

ciao, ciao!



11 comments:

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Fall fog here, thatnks for the glorious sunny views. xox Corrine

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

You said it best 'achingly beautiful'...wonderful photos!

Valerianna said...

OH.. Lovely journey on this day of pouring, raw and coldish day!

Zom said...

That was a beautiful start to my day, thank you.

audrey said...

Absolutely gorgeous. It is hard to imagine somewhere with water that beautiful and blue and sand so white. No apology necessary - I would love to see all 400 photos. lol. Thank you for sharing this lovliness with us.
♥ audrey

Studio Sylvia said...

Stunning Cat! Immersed in colour and pattern shots to recall special moments, I am sure.

NuminosityBeads said...

Great pics! You did a nice job of culling and gave us an album of images to drool over. It must have been some vacation. What a gorgeous place to visit.
xoxo Kim

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I must try to get there...you are in a heaven on earth. Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Seth said...

Sign me up. I would love to be there right now!!

Marilyn Rock said...

I am salivating over these photos! What a beautiful and romantic trip! Thank you for sharing your time! xxoo

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Ciao Caterina,
Oh My Goodness, Love your pictures and explainations on the Caribbean Islands.
Please share some me with me. I've leaving on the Legendary Blues Cruise around the Carribean Islands in twelve months time.
I'd love to see and hear more about your trip!
You could email me privately if you prefer.
Creative hugs,
Anna