Wednesday, October 6, 2010

post cards from the heart






well my dear...
gentle readers...
I meant to post this yesterday
but
life got a bit in the way....
if you know what I mean!

I am so very excited that I received the book
made for our swap
Postcards from the Heart






and it is even more amazing than I can convey to
you in word and photo,
but I shall try....
and if you are new to my
blog
go here
to see the box
that I sent to her
my swap piece titled...
The Letter


*note... you may need to get your tea or wine or some such beverage ready...
I'm just sayin....
lol


above
is the cover of this gorgeous fabric book that tells the story of our heroine,
known only as "A"
and we learn her story through the fabric post cards
tucked into each page...
written to her friend Kate
as "A" travels abroad.






in the letter attached to the bottom of the
page above,
"A" tells Kate that she is delighted to be going to Paris
and glad to be leaving such a dreary place
in favor of travel abroad...

"I am one of the searchers,
There are, I believe, millions of us,
we do not want to prove ourselves to another or compete for love
we are wanderers dreamers and lovers
lonely souls who dare ask of life
everything good and beautiful.
James Kavanaugh



below, "A" begins her postcard story
with the page, Adventurous Heart...


and is excited to be in Paris,
with her father and they are soon joined by
another family, the Southwells...


above and below details from the page
The Adventurous Heart...



below, Hearts Aflutter...
where the mysterious "A"
writes that while in Brussels,
a very handsome traveling companion has just
joined the Southwells and will be traveling with the group...



below
Chained Hearts
"A" tells Kate that she is in Cologne and they are
on their way to Switzerland...
We also learn that William the handsome stranger
is charming and amusing and very attentive
and there is hope
of an
announcement...





Heart Strings
below,
Dearest Kate,
Have arrived Saint Moritz, but fear I am quite distracted.
William is behaving most strangely, even Father says so.
I am so worried Kate.
~your loving friend,
A



Black Heart
below
the page and postcard
in which we learn that William is still cold and detached
and "A"
is tortured by the change in her once
charming and handsome beau..






Broken Heart
below closed...




and below opened...
Bleeding Heart

Kate,
Venice, a city for lovers
and I am blind to it all.
He is gone Kate!
I can no longer eat or sleep.
Father tries hard to cheer me, but I am numb.
we will rest here a while now.
"A"



FINE (END)
PART ONE...

a perfect place for me to begin the second part of the story eh?
in Venice..

so here is my sign in page...
below




I have my own heart in a pocket and I
can attach and stitch my pieces to it
and include a letter...
but wait...
there was more!



in this most scrumptious package
a heart to commemorate our swap together





which immediately went to live
below on my french doors to my office
where I am sitting right now and can see it all the time!
muah!


and another package stuffed with bits...
of lace and trim and papers



and charms
as well as a cd of images..
she is just the best!!
and what fun we are having with our swap!

well dear readers, I hope you have
enjoyed the story and the gorgeous art work
that Kim has created...
I know I am inspired....
and I hope you are finding inspiration too!

ciao for now!