Friday, January 3, 2014

december pages






Happy New Year
dear readers..

we had a lovely holiday
peaceful..
and sweet..

and I managed to finish my 








journal pages..
as I begin to gesso the
new pages for 
january




I buried my journal writing...
but you can still see it
lurking
ever so slightly
beneath the layers...






I used two of my favorite personal photographs 
the one on the right is a fence
and the one on the left is a park bench covered in snow..

they just
seemed to 
attract each other..

the feather is collaged and stitched to
black lace...
I was taken with idea of
words frozen in the snow incubating
and 


ingredients: transfers on paper, wrapping papers, tissue paper, acrylic paint colored pencils, paper ephemera, feather, thread, lace. 





thawing in the coming spring..

 taking flight...


I want to take this opportunity to
thank you for hanging out with me...

here at
 The 
Sweet Life..

all you followers and lurkers,
dear friends and family...
I so appreciate your
kind remarks, your interest and support...

I wish you all the happiest of New Year's
filled with peace
and great love...


xo