Follow by Email

Friday, January 3, 2014

december pages






Happy New Year
dear readers..

we had a lovely holiday
peaceful..
and sweet..

and I managed to finish my 








journal pages..
as I begin to gesso the
new pages for 
january




I buried my journal writing...
but you can still see it
lurking
ever so slightly
beneath the layers...






I used two of my favorite personal photographs 
the one on the right is a fence
and the one on the left is a park bench covered in snow..

they just
seemed to 
attract each other..

the feather is collaged and stitched to
black lace...
I was taken with idea of
words frozen in the snow incubating
and 


ingredients: transfers on paper, wrapping papers, tissue paper, acrylic paint colored pencils, paper ephemera, feather, thread, lace. 





thawing in the coming spring..

 taking flight...


I want to take this opportunity to
thank you for hanging out with me...

here at
 The 
Sweet Life..

all you followers and lurkers,
dear friends and family...
I so appreciate your
kind remarks, your interest and support...

I wish you all the happiest of New Year's
filled with peace
and great love...


xo




13 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Thank you for your good wishes. You have started off the year with a wonderful BANG! This feather on lace is exquisite! Looking forward to 2014!

Valerianna said...

Same to you!!

Marie Danti said...

Hope you have a great new year with lots more beautiful art! I think your January pages are my favorite so far, but then I always say that. You are always exceeding what's come before! I love the images and the winter palette. Perfecto!

Sophie Munns said...

Dear Caterina....
off to a good start!
May 2014 bring much to warm your heart and gracefully fulfil your hopes and your plans!

I'm finding I spend far less time in the blogosphere and I do miss it. By the way I can't leave comments on your FB posts because I don't activate "friends" but run a page... so I'm sorry about that. Unless you have a page there I don't know about?

Always good to see what you're up to!
S xo

suziqu's thread works said...

Hi Cat
Lovely to have you visit!
Your new work looks to very interesting and inspirational! I love the combination of papers, gesso, paint, feathers, thread and lace and one of these days, hopefully, this year I will venture out more from fabric which I so love to create collages with.
I think I'll be lurking here for a long time this year!
Take care,
Suzy

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I am feeling what your pages express, so cold and snow here like that bench...yet a feather of hope that Spring is around the corner....xox

Dorthe said...

Dear Cat,
Your journal`s last spread looks endeed frosty and very cold,- I love that I cAN still see some of the writings, on both pages, and the feather, which gived promises of spring with feathered friends singing for us, in some months.
I can`t wait to see how your january spread will look like, my friend.
Hugs and a wonderful new year to you, I hope.
Dorthe

Marilyn J. Rock said...

So beautiful - Happy and Healthy New Year!

~*~Patty S said...

Happy Happy New Year Dear Cat ♥

I am looking forward to spending another special year with you here...
Thank you for sharing your heART and passion so sweetly...
Lovely pages!

oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Happy belated, but none-the-less heartfelt New Year, dear friend. Sorry I'm so late visiting, but I've been huddled with my little grey buddy in front of a heater trying to stay warm in these sub zero temps we've been having. Aren't you glad you moved to a slightly warmer climate?

I had no idea that was a fence until I read the words and took a closer look. Of course, the feather is what caught my eye. It is so beautiful, and so is your handwriting.

Caterina Giglio said...

Happy New Year to you all... I had every intention of writing you all individually but it has been a bit busy at the sweet life and I know you will all understand...
Wishing you all the best!! xox

Suzi Smith said...

me too, lovin the textures & layers... always do but this is particularly appealing. All the very best for 2014 to you too ((hugs))

Linda said...

"Frozen words, thawing in the spring and taking flight".....oh I love that!!
Beautiful pages Cat xx