Thursday, August 13, 2020

July Art Journal Pages








Ciao gentle readers..
I hope this finds you all well..
I know this is a difficult time for many of us...

and certainly last month..
I realized that my journaling practice was undergoing a 
drastic transformation..






Mixed Media 12 month art journal



My process has always been about a documentation as a written and visual record of each month.

Year by year, I can look through my journals and I remember vividly what had occurred 
by simply looking at the images, the synthesis of my writing and intuitive 
choice of image or visual.



Mixed Media Art Journal



With this new lifestyle..

or the lack of it

 to be blunt..

I find that the monotony of days stretches endlessly..

how do I document a continuation of such malaise?


As you might imagine..

that is what is written on the pages below..

underneath the layers of papers, paint, gesso and fabrics..

and a resignation of this year, this illness, this constant threat

that looms over us all ..

There is also the underlying concern for family and friends..

especially as school begins..

and unknowns are encountered..

It isn't always easy to swallow the pill of change...




Mixed Media Art Journal
Caterina Giglio, July Art Journal pages




so this month 
I revised my outlook on my journaling process..
and perhaps it is a transformation that was due anyway..
perhaps it is a natural manifestation of spiritual growth..
a new way to look, a shift in perception.

Since freedom in my personal life has suffered...
I decided to allow it take root in my journal.
what you see here is 
freedom in free reign....










Ingredients: Gesso, Acrylic paint, antique book pages, waxed paper, antique laces, pencil.




 



Normally..

I would have been putting final touches on notes and getting some supplies

finalized for my class in San Diego next week..

Now I have another whole year to prepare..

another whole year to create anything I want in my 

art Journal pages..



xox