Thursday, June 18, 2020

May Art Journal Pages






People asked..
how many days have you been home?
How long has it been?

The days just pile up..



Caterina Giglio, May Art Journal Pages



the numbers increasing..
in cases, in deaths.. in the amount of time
we spend at home
and isolating..









I spend each morning in the garden..
connecting with the earth,

transplanting flowers,
cutting back the overachievers..
and weeding
which is a gardeners job security ...

Numbers, Numbers, Numbers....

being in the garden affords me
a sense of serenity and enchantment..
a dragonfly buzzes the spray from my hose
and I catch the magical copper shimmer of it's wings..
and suddenly the numbers all disappear ...





Caterina Giglio, detail May Art Journal Pages



The flower images are from
some recent mono prints that I made..
on book pages..
and the tiny stitches are on text from the 
Plague Doctor writings..




Caterina Giglio, detail from Art Journal Pages, May 2020




Ingredients: Mono Prints on book pages, antique ephemera, acrylic paints, colored pencil, red thread, stitches on paper, pencil


Caterina Giglio, Art Journal Page detail, May 2020




I have made a lot of mono prints
in the studio lately
practicing for the next video..

and making tiny stitches for my 
little French Journal 
so perhaps you will see those next time
I post..

Be well my gentle readers..
 

XOX