Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Autumn in the Garden





this morning 
I took my coffee outside to 
enjoy the birdsong
and sit near my 
little garden..

my petunias are 
in love with fall..




"Flowers lift the spirit and refresh the soul."
M. Lever






and I thought I would capture some shots of
the dew covered garden..









to share with you

gentle reader..








my little garden is one place
where serenity
oozes












"If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing more than you can imagine, plant a garden."
Robert Brault






I used to struggle in the winter..









to maintain a kind of summer 
in my heart..





"One of the healthiest ways to gamble is with a spade and package of garden seeds."
Dan Bennett





in my mind's eye..
I always visualized working in my
gardens, planting seeds, like new ideas 

and quietly watching over them
whispering..
grow.. grow.. grow...









Now I live in a place where I garden all winter and take a break in the 
summer..

completely backwards..
but I am getting used to it..








Early mornings 
I think
 are the best times to







enjoy the garden, 
the birds are waking, calling, eating..
arguing..



"Let's plant our dreams in this garden and entwine ourselves like vines!"
Anon






and

the dew has just puddled 

 forming large liquid diamonds..

and before the sun crests the trees..

 I can still hear the crickets..










But with the sun's rise
 the dragonflies and butterflies warm 
and begin their dance
of joy..











"I have found, through years of practice, that people garden
 in order to make something grow;
to interact with nature;
to share,
to heal,
to honor the earth, to leave a mark.
Through gardening, 
we feel whole as we make our personal work 
of art 
upon the land."
-Julie Moir Messervy


so I am pondering
which seeds in myself 
that I will grow
this winter..

and what shall 
you 
grow into?



Ciao, ciao...


16 comments:

Miss Iowa said...

Beautiful post, Cat! Love seeing all the beautiful shapes and colors in your garden (especially the vinca). Here in the Midwest, our garden is winding down. But we're already thinking about next year!

Donald Digison said...

Well done....as always, my dear.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are fabulous photos, and you are SO lucky that you could garden all year long if you chose to. But winter gardening must be such a thrill.

I was surprised the garden was doing so well after the huge storm you just went through. Even though your home was spared, there were still winds and rain.

As always, I am in awe of your beautiful photos, just as much as the beautiful words you add to go with them.

Dorthe said...

A so beautiful post dear Cat.
The quotes you chose to "walk" with your photos and your own words of thoughts and joy , all together creates a tranquil and amazing tour through your blogpost .
Thank you so much , and for the wonders of flowers, still to be enjoyed in your garden- here they are fading away, slowly ,--but for sure, not to say hello for many months to come.
Hugs from Dorthe, xxx

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful tour and great words! I can almost hear the bird song. My accent potted plants this year have been marigolds...pots and pots of marigolds and I know I've smiled more because of them!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Je comprends ce que vous ressentez... Il est bon pour moi aussi de me ressourcer dans mon jardin...
C'est un grand moment de sérénité que je partage avec les sons de la nature.

Merci pour le partage de vos merveilleuses photos.

Gros bisous 🌸

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Your posts are always speaking to my heart! Your words are poetry and
the quotes fit your words and those beautiful photos so well.
I am not such a passionated gardener in our garden ( good that it is not a big one), but I try to be a good gardener of my own soul. Art enables me to keep gardening.
Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog and adding me to your blog column - that really makes me happy!
Wish you a happy weekend!
oxo Susi

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Lovely place to be with a morning coffee. Our wild world changing colors here is such a joy to be in, as well as a place to watch dog play at all times. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Miss Iowa, thank you so much!! I do remember having spent most of my life in a climate that welcomed fall. It is strange to be able to garden all winter, but I am getting used to it.. ;-)

Caterina Giglio said...

Don, thank you love!! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Dr. E, well when it hit here it was a cat 1 so while it did take down some trees and power poles, the gardens all survived, we had some clean up, but really it was not bad at all.. x

Caterina Giglio said...

Dear Dorthe, thank you so much, I am so glad you liked the little garden post. It was fun to share my morning with you all, thanks so much for your loving comments. I so appreciate you!! xoxox

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh Mary Ann, I came close to planting some this year, and I might do that next year, love those little buttons of sunshine!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Martinalison, Merci beaucoup, Gros bisous <3

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh, Susi, thank you so much, it does my heart good to know that I can touch yours with my little words. I was a much better gardener in my other homes, but I am beginning to learn how to do it here!! It takes time in such a different climate! big hugs to you!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Corrine, I know so many of my friends who like you are happy in such changeable climes, I wish I could do it!! xoxo

Follow by Email