Tuesday, September 19, 2017

August Art Journal Pages






Serenity..
that is what I was trying to capture..











August was a lovely month..
with travel and family visits..









a trip to San Diego
and lots of time at our pool..

it was blissful...








so I wanted to create that feeling of bliss
on my page,
and the star of the skies aligning
with the stars of the 
Seas..

starfish..











There was time to relax...
catch up..
take a deep breath..
and visit with family.









it wasn't until the end of the month,
that we became wary..

in the writing above, 
I am urging Irma to go out to sea..










Ingredients: gesso, acrylic paint, antique ephemera, personal photos, graphite pencil, walnut ink, watercolors, molding paste, pencil, pen and ink.











but alas,
that was not meant to be..

I am working on 
September pages right now..

and experimenting 
with watercolors and paper clay..

and mounting some works on board..
for Bis Gallerie
Les Jardin des Amants..
I found some pieces that were unframed 
in May..
but ..
that is a story for another 

Day!!


Ciao, ciao!


14 comments:

froebelsternchen Susi said...

Amazing colours and textures on this spread! Beautiful!

Pamela Gerard said...

Such lovely pages......

tgarrett said...

thank you for sharing. I always love seeing your art. So glad you are safe and back home.

Dorthe said...

So beautiful soft tones, and a wonderful texture , dear Cat- I`m happy you had both , a great time visiting with family, and enjoying nature and the warmth !

I hope you will be safe, for the rest of the year , friend.
Hugs from Dorthe

ELFI said...

un plaisir de revoir tes créations! biz

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have absolutely NO idea how I missed this post. It truly DOES look serene and blissful, a time with relatives, a time with no thought of what lay ahead.

The textures you created make me want to reach into the screen and run my hand over these two pages. Such beauty and softness.

Fiona Dempster said...

I imagine the September pages will be different...these are so peaceful calm and serene. You captured it so well. Hope the return is ogling OK as you deal with the many changes and things that need care and repair...go well.

Caterina Giglio said...

Susi, thank you so very much, so glad you liked it!! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks, Pamela!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Terry, thank you dearheart!! me too!!! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Dear Dorthe, me too, I hope it is done for the season!! xoxox

Caterina Giglio said...

ELFI.. Merci Beaucoup! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

What a great complement, Dr. E. I wish you could touch it too!! Someday!! x

Caterina Giglio said...

Fiona, I am working on them right now!! yes, very different.. xo

Follow by Email