Tuesday, October 25, 2016

In The Boneyard






The old north wind
is beginning to blow...







we feel it even here 
down south 
in Florida..

mornings are chilly..






and
leaves are falling..
time for things that go bump in the night..

and if you have been reading my blog for a while,
you know I do love a good bone yard..








especially at the end of the day..







When the shadows are long
and twilight is nagging...
who can resist long shadows?








my favorite boneyards are the oldest ones..

abandoned..
forgotten..







unreadable stones..
tears were dried long ago..








there were no glorious carved angels 
or monuments in this 
graveyard..


just simple markers..





and with so many stones weathered clean..
it reminded me of all of those nameless
photos in flea markets..






and it seemed heartbreakingly beautiful..
in so many ways..






My great adventure begins shortly
dear readers..
but I should be able to squeeze in a blog post on October
pages before I go..


until then..

C4N!

12 comments:

Summer said...

Very nice photos. Happy Tuesday3

Anna said...

Oh, I love a good boneyard too! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also love a good boneyard. I think I've told you that before. I have photos from many old cemeteries, but none where the markers couldn't be read. These photos are fantastic, and the long shadows make these photos simply atmospheric. Hope to see more of you before you leave.

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Summer! Happy Tuesday to you as well! And thanks for stopping by!

Caterina Giglio said...

Anna, this was Mascotte, not too far from us, and that is why we are kindred spirits, we do love us a good bone yard!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E, I will be right over for T!! I will be posting from afar, and hopefully will have some fun news to share when I return, working on something new.. and yes, I do remember that you are a bone yard friend, great minds love the same things right? x

Corrine at corrinegilman.com said...

Quite the wonderful boneyard. We've a few really old ones around here I've got to get in and photo...and read all those tombstones of the long, long departed. Imagining their stories. xox

ELFI said...

chére caterina, je suis très débordée et pas encore le temps de te répondre... merci, merci, merci.. à bientot! biz

Fiona Dempster said...

A lovely wander thanks Cat! I think I love the last one most - the half-buried heart...

Dorthe said...

Beautiful photos, from your boneyard, dear Cat.
So much story there, if we could just know, about all the lives, lived, before they ended up , each , in their own little spot !
I`m a coward when it comes to graveyards and darkness, so the long shadows, time of day, you will not meet me there, lol.
Wishing you a most wonderful trip sweetie, I know you will be filled with energy and happiness while there. Take care, and see you when you are back home.
Hugs,Dorthe

Irene Rafael said...

Your photos and words have such a timely beauty. I feel the same way about photos I see at the swap meet and garage sales. There is a bittersweet beauty to the forgotten faces and lives.

Sharmon Davidson said...

Yes, the old ones are always the best, aren't they? Those smooth stones somehow speak volumes...

Follow by Email