Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Carte Postale- Part Two






I had so much fun with this series..
I hope it shows...
sometimes art just makes itself...

and perhaps that is the benchmark for being in the flow
of creation... 

Detail from Carte Postale, Caterina Giglio



as you know,
I adore layers and I enjoyed building
texture upon each layer of paint and paper...




Carte Postale, mixed media painting, 8 x 8 cradled board, Caterina Giglio


I have always been fond of polka dots and have used them
before, but this time, 
I used them as a major theme,
and it feels whimsical and fresh to me...





In Context, mixed media painting, 8 x 8 cradled board, Caterina Giglio



Most of the post cards and stamps were given to me






 In Context, detail, mixed media painting, Caterina Giglio



with the exception of the one below,
which I purchased at an estate sale in 
Fort Collins many years ago..

I used the original from 1945
but made a photo copy 
for the collector to keep...





# 44 Paris, mixed media painting, 8 x 10 Caterina Giglio


and in this piece I enlarged the original postmark
since there was no stamp..






Detail from #44 Paris, Caterina Giglio


 




Copy of the post card used in #44 Paris


and the last piece
is a favorite,
a post card from Versailles ...
Marie Antoinettes little Hamlet..



#91 Versailles, mixed media painting, 8 x 10  Caterina Giglio









Detail from #91, Caterina Giglio




So now I am off to buy hardware 
and get these
ready for shipping...

I will have them in the 142 bis gallerie
listing next month
after they arrive in 
Fort Collins...

As always, I am most grateful for you
dear readers and thank you in advance for your comments...



xo