Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Biltmore Part 3





there is something truly magical
about
tropicals..








exotic flowers and plants...









just seem to generate
the most serene vibes...







every time I step through the doors of
a palm house or an orchid nursery...
  






I can almost feel my toes sinking
into the sand and feel the water splashing on my feet...

time seems to slow down...







and thoughts quiet down....







until the only thing that registers is the 
beauty of the moment...









as you might imagine, 
gentle reader ...
I had a hard time deciding on which photos to share..










there were so many...









the gardeners do such an amazing job..







with so much space...










it is staggering really
and I cannot convey it to you in photos 

seriously....









If you ever get the chance
see it for yourself...
you will be 
truly amazed...









I am close to finished with
my September pages...

and I am working on 
the small works for 142 Bis Gallerie
they are from the French Paper series..

the winter garden...
Italian collages...

and though I have works in progress,
I have decided not to share them, because they are pinned on Pinterest and elsewhere
and then when the pieces are finished, it is all quite confusing...
so you will have to wait to see the finished pieces...




ciao, ciao!

17 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm sure it is amazing! We've been to botanical gardens in Sri Lanka and the orchid house is always so lovely! Plus there's so much else to see. What would we do without such beautiful plants and flowers?

Dorthe said...

Your gorgeous photoes reminds me a bit of the tropical butterfly place ,we just visited some weeks ago, with allmost the same plants and flowers there, like the orchids, the banana palms, and that last tree ,I don`t know what is called !! Imagine this place filled with butterflys too, and you was there with me , Cat.
Hugs from Dorthe

Sharmon Davidson said...

Thanks for taking me back to the Biltmore greenhouse. You describe so well the feeling of being among those lovely tropical plants; I know exactly what you mean. All the photos are beautiful, but the one of that bright purple orchid is just stunning...

Caterina Giglio said...

Tammy, they are so uplifting aren't they? I swear that they know they have stolen our hearts!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Drouth I have visited a couple of Butterfly gardens and yes, I did expect to see one there, but alas no... The garden was full of them, but the Palm House was empty. However the flowers were exceptional!! So happy you enjoyed it! Hugs!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Sharmon, it is a stunner for sure, and I caught it perfectly with sun peeking in... Yes, you understand what I am talking about, it is hard to put your finger on, and magic is the only word that I can use... I feel as if fairies are watching me... crazy as it sounds!!!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

Des photos fantastiques... Les orchidées ont un pouvoir magique et ensorcelant !
Très joli billet.

Gros bisous ♡

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful tour...I love orchids! You sound busy in the studio...I'll visit Pinterest to see whats cooking!

Jo Murray said...

WOW! Fabulous photos...thank you.

Gail Pierce said...

Seriously serene! I can only imagine wanting to photograph it all!

suziqu's thread works said...

The beauty of these special places force us to just be - something we find hard to do and to dwell quietly amongst the plants taking in all the beauty and fragrances they offer!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Orchids galore and glorious colors. Yum. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Bonjour mon cher, je suis si heureux que vous avez apprécié les orchidées .. envoyant baisers et des caresses de vous! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Mary Ann, working on so many projects at one time... tiny accordion books for the next issue of Sew, small works for the gallerie, and planning a show at the gallerie, a year from now... all seriously in the beginning stages... not much to show, you know how that is!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Jo! Thank you!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Suzi, I quite agree, I love our trips, I am forced to relax and slow down and just breathe in the beauty.. thanks for popping over!!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Corrine, I so agree!! xox

Follow by Email