Follow by Email

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Biltmore, Part 2




Even though it was a grey day..
the gardens did not disappoint us...








living in Florida, the summers are very green...
but there are less flowers
due to the constant moisture and heat..









so we were thrilled with the color..
and such brilliance and variety...







a good garden is of course my one weakness...








what can be wrong with the world when there are still flowers in it somewhere..
and people who consider it their career to nurture them...







the pergola structures provided shade 
and seating...






and gave us wonderful windows to view the gardens...







the salvia was stunning around this heart shaped bed...








and the bees were busy, which made me happy..







I love listening to their little songs..







and as you can see the gardens are immense...
acres and acres of plants...





and so
I will have to give you 
one more Biltmore post
because I forgot about all the photos that I took..








in the Tropical Garden
and Palm House..

and I am sure you want to see the orchids...
don't you?




C4N!




14 comments:

Dorthe said...

Hello sweet Cat,
what amazing colours and flower beds, you show us here ! The colours are so stunning and the pergola, looking so lovely !
Yes the salvia, is so very beautiful, and so lovely with the heart shaped bed !!
Thank you for another wonderful visit ,to see all this beauty dear Caterina !!
Hugs from Dorthe

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Those are some magnificent gardens. Thanks for sharing. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi dear Dorthe, thank you so much, the colors were outstanding, and the heart bed was so sweet, thank you for always stopping by, sending you big hugs ... xxx Cat

Caterina Giglio said...

Corrine, they are unbelievable ... astounding actually! thanks! xox

Gail Pierce said...

I have been craving color! not much in my garden this year. What a treat to see your exquisite photos! and of course I want to see more! xo

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful Beautiful!
They certainly do a spectacular job at Biltmore both inside and out.
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What vibrant colors. Simply gorgeous flowers and such a vast array, too.

Although I've never been to Biltmore, I have a friend who lives close and must have an annual pass, because she goes a lot. The grounds are lovely, regardless of the season. I'm really impressed, because my garden has all but wilted due to the excessive heat we're still having. It shows how much the gardeners and landscapers care for the flowers, shrub, and greenery.

Caterina Giglio said...

Gail, so nice to see you here! I know what you mean, I am hoping that we get some color back in the garden now that the temps have cooled slightly... will share the orchids soon! xo

Caterina Giglio said...

Yes, they do, Patty, and I am so impressed with them, methinks that we will have to spend Christmas there one year!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi E, yes, well, they have an army of gardeners to take care of it and of course an extensive watering system. They also plant by season, so it stays gorgeous most of the year!! x

Chris Gray said...

Gorgeous photos!!

I'm sooooo glad they aren't mine ...

...otherwise I'd want to stitch then all!

x C

Caterina Giglio said...

LOL. Chris, I took ... countless photos!! hard to wade thru them all!! Thanks!!

Caterina Giglio said...

LOL. Chris, I took ... countless photos!! hard to wade thru them all!! Thanks!!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Yay! My favorite part of the Biltmore - the gardens! Lovely post, Cat! xox