Tuesday, May 19, 2015

L' Art Est Vision








the first thing we noticed ..
gentle reader..

beyond the fact that the countryside is gorgeous..








was the profound lack







of billboards...






a beautifully stunning lack
of advertisements...
France quickly made a beautiful impression upon
me...








there was an amazing collection of 
architecture in
Rouen

and many fine examples of Medieval Timber framing..












I adored the old and new together...









because it IS the way we live...






we arrived on May Day...







so the only things open were 







Flower stalls
selling flower baskets and bunches of 
Lily of the Valley
and coffee shops selling espresso...















beauty and street art...







antique and new 







lived peacefully..
side by side...







The Rouen Cathedral
was painted by 
Claude Monet ...







it too is a vision
of art from many generations...








It was really lovely to have the streets all to ourselves...













and though it was grey..






and chilly...








the beauty of Rouen..





















opened my heart...










art is vision...
and it is everywhere...








I am off again...
but when I return I will have 
photos from 
Giverny

from Monet's garden and home...

and my travel journal... of course


 this time we are off to celebrate with family...



grazie in advance of your kind remarks...
I so appreciate all your support...


xo