Follow by Email

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

clear water






I thought you might like a day
at the beach...
it has been a while...



Mr. LDV spirited me away last weekend...
to 
Clearwater Beach...
I had never been...
but knowing that I am a beach bum 
of the "loll and gaze" type, 
he thought I might like it...








looking like a Rothko, the water, the current and the sand...



you can keep the Atlantic side with the crashing waves...
the Gulf side is far more peaceful and meditative for 
for a simple girl like me...





sea grapes and grasses... in a warm ocean breeze...




never do I miss the water more than when I am far from it...
spending 20 years in Colorado and being land locked, 
it was my friends who
buoyed me...




at mid day, trying to find a nice spot...



the sand is so brilliant white...
almost blinding and so soft on the feet...





Rothko number 2...



and the color of the water, the sound of the water,  
and the brilliance of the sky is so mesmerizing...
no matter who you are, you simply must surrender to the 
enchantment..









do take off your sandals and walk a bit in the water...









as you see, everyone enjoys a day at the beach...
and town is just a quick walk back...






under the shade of the Live Oaks..




I hope you enjoyed your visit... stop by anytime...
it is definitely snack time..
what say we go get a bite?





C4N!





12 comments:

martinealison said...

Bonjour,

Merci de m'avoir emmenée à la plage avec vos très jolies photos et les mots qui les accompagnent.
Je vous fais de gros bisous ♡

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful ... always love the white sand in the eastern shore. Hope you had the perfect seafood!

Jo Murray said...

Your 'Rothkos' are gorgeous. As a beach girl myself, I can't bear to be far from water.

Dorthe said...

How very amazing, dear Caterina ,
so beautiful in blue and white, and it seems one could walk many miles into the water ,untill it gets really deep--just my kind of water, as I can`t swim !!!
Hope your bite, was good ;-)
Hugs from Dorthe

~*~Patty S said...

Gorgeous photos and get away you two!
It is always fun to have a chance to twinkle your toes in the sand and let the sun and surf sooth you...
Thanks for sharing!
oxo

Margie said...

I used to live in Panama City FL and the beaches there were so beautiful.
I love the beach, thanks for sharing this beautiful post.
I love the mountains here in Colorado but oh, I would love to be on a beach now feeling the soft sand under my feet.

It must have been a wonderful day.
Beautiful photos!

xo

Sue Marrazzo said...

LOVELY POST!

Caterina Giglio said...

My dear...Je suis si heureux que vous avez apprécié la plage, et je vous remercie pour s'arrêter par un tel beau compliment .. j'envoie baisers de nouveau à vous xo

Yes, the sands are very different on the West Coast Mary Ann! I remember when we lived in the Valley... yes, in THOSE days, the sand was so hot I had to trudge in flip flops! ouch!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Jo, I kinda pegged you as a beach girl too!! with that killer pool!! can't wait for one of my own!!

Dear Dorthe.. yes the water is quite shallow! I am always amazed at adults who cannot swim, as I learned before I could walk.. but in the ocean I usually just wade... and relax!! We ended up with just drinks because it was quite warm!! xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Well, dear Patty we intended to house hunt but as it turned out, we found one so we didn't need to peruse the inventory... fortunately!! We will be moving in August or Sept.. so excited! But it was a lovely little getaway... and so close!! xoxo


Hi Margie, well you know how beautiful the beaches are in Florida then... I do miss CO.. dreadfully... miss my friends and the mountains, but the water is sure calling my name!! xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Sue! thanks for stopping by, glad you liked it!

Sharmon Davidson said...

Yes, I did enjoy my beach walk, along with the lovely Rothko's... but where is my margherita?