Tuesday, February 4, 2014

grey






I have always been obsessed with edges..
with torn paper...
and the way the paint touches the pencil mark 
drawn on the page indicating the guide line..







mixed media, Grey Waters... Waterside series... 



the way two colors
coincide and meet up...




close up of Grey Waters II....



is an edge as well...

and I am fascinated by the way the wrapping paper
edges the art work...







as well as the shadows that are created when the art is 
photographed...
shadowy edges...






Nupastels and prismacolors.. on watercolor paper



It has been grey here...
and maybe where you live as well..
which is reflected in my current work...

but I feel beige and greens coming on...
as spring is growing in my heart...
and hopefully yours as well...
dear reader...








the mixed media piece above is still a 
work in progress, but I hope to have it finished by the end of the week...
as well as the acrylic board that I am working on...

what I love about the piece above is that
it has very rough edges...

but everything comes together forming an edge
right in the center 
where the two currents meet...


have a beautiful day..
even if it is a bit

grey..



C4N...


15 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

The grey's really remind me of the water under ice and the way the ices forms the coolest patterns. Love your new direction xox

Caterina Giglio said...

Oh yes, Corrine, I agree... nature is mesmerizing isn't it?!

Marie Danti said...

I like the grays and the organic texture and "feeling" of your new work. Nice!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks Marie! So happy you like it.. And thanks for all your kind remarks!

Marilyn J. Rock said...

I see grey skies like you do the water. I love the texture you are creating, here, as well as the visual movement of water. Beautiful!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks so much Marilyn!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I especially liked the last piece you showed because it looked like you had created a natural chasm on the page. Although it's also quite grey in my world, I really like your beautiful world through your new series.

Gaby Bee said...

Right now here in Germany it's all gray and rainy all the time...brrrr
But I like your 'greys'!! They look great, Cat!

Caterina Giglio said...

Thanks E, I think it is pretty grey for many of us.. and putting it on the page is one way to express the feeling of the lack of sun... I know it is shining just above the clouds... and that thought makes me smile, but what I see is not bright!! Grazie on the vote of confidence!

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Gaby.. nice to see you here at the Sweet Life! I can certainly relate! I guess I need to move further south to have the sun in the winter time.. and that will be arranged soon! Thanks for your kind remarks!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Your richly colored gray water series is beautiful! Hard to live in gray days for long...time to paint the walls?

Dianne said...

Really stunning work!

Patti said...

love, love what you're working on! you always amaze me with your range of talent(s). I've always loved edges too, and try to let them show whenever possible!

And, yes, spring is the answer to this mess :)

xo

lynne h said...

my dear cat, when i look at your new work only one thought comes to mind: 'that cat is so talented.'

it's true...

xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

Hi Mary Ann... Thanks, LOL! I will settle for painting in the studio!

Dianne.. thanks for stopping by the Sweet Life... I will pop over to your blog..

aawww lynne, you make me blush... such a sweet thing to say... xoxo

Follow by Email