Monday, July 8, 2013

pentwater beach






gentle readers...

getting to the beach early is the only way to go...
before the crowds...
and before the sun gets too hot... 







the water of Lake  Michigan is crystal clear...
and brutally cold mid summer... 60 degrees is too cold for me...
but Michiganders are hardy people and by the time we left...
everyone was in the water...









Pentwater  is a charming town...
and we love to drive up for a beach day...







and as you can see, it was a perfect day...





not a cloud in the sky...





heaven must be a lot like the beach...





"When anxious uneasy and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds. Cleanses me with its noise, and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused."
Rainer Maria Rilke






sink your toes in the sand, close your eyes and ... sigh.....











everything dissolves to 
now...



and yes, yes, I promised journal pages..
soooon...

xo 





14 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

Sighhhhhhh .... I know that sigh well. The water looks so good! Oh to be at the beach today.

Yvonne said...

Beautiful water! I love the beach and just went this morning.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Water in the pond is 80+ degrees, but the ocean is 64....so I can relate. Lovely spot, but aren't they all in your fabulous lakes region. xox

Dorthe said...

You have been having wonderful hours on the beach- with the sun and the water- everything looks so beautiful ,dear Caterina ,so yellow the sand is ? here it is almost white.
Hugs,Dorthe

Kimberly Rogers said...

Your first photo is jewel-like. Hard to capture on a sun bleached day. Thanks for setting a mood on a pouring rain and 50 degree day.

WrightStuff said...

Seems funny to think that's a lake - we just don't have that scale over here in the UK!! Glad to hear you're having an amazing time. Weather is gorgeous here too :)

Gayle Price said...

What beautiful images, especially the first one. Yes, you transported me, just for a minute, to your world of peaceful rhythms. xx

~*~Patty S said...

ooo what a wonderful spot...
especially Love the green trees near the sand and water

Rilke's quote is just perfect too!
oxo

Tammy said...

Lovely. I've been there before. Won't be coming to Michigan this year as the boys and I will be flying into New Orleans (since my mom moved back to Mississippi) and then when my husband joins us, we will take a road trip to Colorado. My son will be attending Adams State University in Alamosa. So we will get to see a bit of New Mexico, too. Looking forward to that. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

lynne h said...

wow, lake michigan has such white sand! can a lake really create that much sand?!

besides that i'm thinking how beautiful the water, the sand, and the sky are... : )

xoxo

sharon said...

I agree, it looks like heaven, it must be! So glad you are enjoying!

Margie said...

Oh, beautiful shots!
I love the beach, the water, the sand, pure bliss !

Marie Danti said...

I want a beach day! Enjoyed your post and photos, the first one of the golden beach especially.

Linda said...

Oooh such gorgeous photos .....especially that first one; I want to paddle there.
What colours!!! x

Follow by Email