Friday, June 28, 2013

estate







time off from the studio always does me good...
and a little change of scenery is always in order
in the summer...
estate...





I spent a day and a half with my cousin, Gilda..
my first playmate and dear friend...
we met her sister and our Auntie in downtown Traverse City 
for lunch








it was lovely to stroll and explore...
but we resisted ice cream below...




in favor of gelato...
I think she had triple chocolate and I had cinnamon...
yum...





the Cherry Festival is in full swing this weekend, so the town
will be packed..


we had a lovely dinner that night with more family
and Gilda made us a delicious feast... with great wine...
and in the morning I snapped a few pics of her gardens...





beautiful morning light and native plants...







it was lovely to stroll around..





enjoying the morning breeze...






and wishing I had more time to stay...






and play...





her charming cottage above with chairs that my cousin Joe made 
for her on the front porch...
and moon flowers in the purple pots...







it was so nice to reconnect and spend time with the family...







we managed to spend a little time at the Commons too
and I will have some photos of
of that visit on Monday...
if you like crumbling splendor
and abandoned buildings you must pop back..



ciao, ciao!




10 comments:

Valerianna said...

Yes, time away is good. I think I might actually get some next week! Lovely garden and cool chairs.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Saw your pics on facebook too. Gorgeous cottage and chairs and love that red screen door. xox

Kimberly Rogers said...

You sure know how to savor the beauty in life. Glad you had a nice getaway. What a spot! Now that we have our new Michigan cottage I've made my husband promise me to take me to Traverse City. This is the third time it's come up this week. I talked to some tourists at our farmer's market that were from there and I sent a package of beads there this week too, now your post. It's calling me I think.

Kim Andersen said...

it looks like a lovely getaway - and gelato over ice cream is the best choice = even cinnamon over chocolate - I would have chosen the same :)

Gilda Povolo said...

Ah, Caterina, you make beauty out of my wild garden; you're a magician, specializing in transformation!
Gilda

Dorthe said...

What a wonderful light you captured in your morning photoes, Caterina, and those trees are amazing!!!
Alwayes lovely to meet with family, for happy hours!!
Hugs,Dorthe

~*~Patty S said...

Love the gentle greens and bursts of color Cat and how special to spend time with dear ones!

That twig furniture is amazing too!

Almost couldn't believe you'd turned down ice cream
UNTIL
you mentioned gelato
naturalmente ;)

Happy Summertime!
oxo

Priti.Lisa said...

Wheeee!!! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit (I always do)
It was just like taking a real walk with you
and you,
pointing out a window,
a fence
a flower.
And the stories too,
I love the background stories.
I was extra glad I scrolled down to see,
yes!
there was another post
I had missed.
What a scrumptious treat!
♥♥

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I always love it when you take me along on your trips. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing that porch, especially since I'm a big fan of wind chimes. And the garden was fantastic, too.

Lorraine said...

love that rocking chairs on the porch

Follow by Email