Friday, May 3, 2013

april pages and mini concertina...




finally dear readers,
the color green has returned...
and 
I am feeling it in my soul...
makes me want to paint with the windows wide open...







so my april pages are not difficult to understand...







I did a lot of writing though... so much going on and lots of travel plans coming up...





this little piece of Victorian scrap
seemed a perfect piece to layer on the botany page... 






and I did a little stitching...
you can view my art journal pages from last April



ingredients: gesso, acrylic paint, lumiere paint, antique paper ephemera, thread, pencil, glimmer mist, coloured pencil... 


and I finally finished that little 
mini concertina I had been talking about...




you can see it up close in the 


wherever you are I hope the weather is 
finally suiting you...

I am getting ready for a spring blog break...
but I will be back soon...
as always... Grazie for stopping
by the Sweet Life...

xo






13 comments:

sharon said...

oh, glorious green! I love the luscious layers you have made with words peeking through a wash of color and collage....very beautiful! The stitching reminds me of being grounding for the time being!

~*~Patty S said...

Enjoy your break and thank you for sharing those yummy green pages full of promise and beauty with us!
oxo

Becca said...

Oo, I love green, and your stitching adds so much!

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

I, too, am embracing the green!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

have a great blog break. I'm taking one, too.

I hope your weather is better than mine if you want to make art with the windows open. It froze here last night. A hard freeze, too. So I'm also glad to see a bit of green on your pages. In fact, April shouts GREEN. Very nicely done, especially with the addition of the sewing.

Gayle Price said...

Beautiful, inspiring pages as always. Have a wonderful break. xx

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

These are totally amazing works...have a great weekend! Peace, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Loving the green! Great plans and travels...take photos and enjoy the blog break!

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful fresh greens to stir the heart!

Lori

Foxglove Hollow

Sophie Munns said...

I can imagine you watching the colour green come back into your landscape ... so rejuvenating Cat. Love the stitching on the backs of leaves... mmm ...just loverly!
xo

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your mini art pieces are so lovely. I am inspired to make some mini books of my own. :) Wishing you a wonderful break. Tammy

Cat D. Giglio said...

Lovely!!

Linda said...

Love these pages SO much!!

Follow by Email