Tuesday, August 7, 2012

french paper show





whirlwind..
was the energy of the trip...

but the show was peaceful
and lovely...





the poster in the window of the gallery

the town was beautiful...






so inviting as always..
and I have missed it and my friends so much...




dear readers...
Meg always works her magic with my shows...
this time she had a photo from my blog
explaining the intention of my stitches
made into a poster...






the photo below...
and she had the poster STITCHED with black ribbon...
she totally gets me!






little details included an envelope that I had sent to her
below...





and the open door to the gallery had 
a poster, the detail from
The Notary... 







these are the pics from her 
Face Book page...




she had another poster made and stitched above, to be the entrance
to the show
brilliant!







talking with old friends and new friends...





is something I love to do...





there were three published pieces
in this show..




so we had the magazines and book
near the art work
collectors will receive a photo copy of the article...







grazie mille
to Meg ...
what a beautiful show

and 
thank you to 
my wonderful friends/collectors

you are the best!

xo







19 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Looks like a fantastic show, would have loved to have seen it in person. You look so happy in the photos. xox

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It was fun seeing all these pieces in one place. They are all so lovely. I suspect you did well, especially after all the work Meg put into this show, too. It always helps to have someone who is willing to support you in your efforts. And they are truly awesome, too. I never get tired of seeing your art.

audrey said...

Oh, Cat, your art looks beautiful! I am so excited and I wasn't even there. Your friend, Meg, did an outstanding job of making the gallery inviting and warm and letting people know what makes you the artist you are. Your work is always lovely ~ I plan to purchase another piece one day.
Congratulations on a beautiful show!
♥ audrey

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

Wow this is a beautiful space...perfect for your precious French papers and assemblages. Lovely works and a lovely person...congratulations! Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

mansuetude said...

That poster is a keeper! Everything looks so beautiful. Blessings.

city said...

thanks for sharing.

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Beautiful!!! Congratulations!

Tina @ TinyBear Studio said...

Looks like you had a great show. Everything looks fab. Love the entrance piece with the sticting

Dianne said...

I'm catching up today... The show looks wonderful! I wish I could have been there... BTW I adore those journal pages!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh so lovely for you to take us along for some of the magic
and to see your name in "lights" and your beautiful artwork showcased so beautifully

Very happy for you that it was fun and such a success dear Cat
oxo

sharon said...

Oh, wish I was there, but thanks for the pics, it all looks so beautiful, and so wonderful you had a great time of it!

*jean* said...

what a fantastic show! the extra touch of posters is uber cool! hope you did well, dear cat

Marie said...

I was wondering how your pieces would look as a collection & the word is fantastic! Everything works from the wrapped canvas' to the black framed pieces to the differing sizes. Wow! You must have been glowing! Congrats!

Seth said...

Stunning show. I can see that every detail was thought out and matched the beauty of the art. Congratulations!

rivergardenstudio said...

Caterina, this is a truly beautiful show. Oh how I wish I could have been there to see it in person. Between your art and meg's magic. What a combination. I love it all, and the stitched posters hanging out from the wall. Oh my gosh!!
roxanne

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

The setting is perfect...and the black ribbon stitch...wow. Details! What a fabulous time everyone must have had. I can feel the vibe even in retrospect here on the East Coast.

ArtPropelled said...

What a wonderful idea to stitch the poster with black ribbon! You must have been so delighted. Thanks so much for taking us along to see your exhibition, Cat.

In the Light of the Moon said...

Wow Cat what an amazing show and how wonderful the way that Meg set it all up!! It all perfectly went together and I only wish I could have seen it first hand.Bravo dear friend.Cat

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

An amazing show indeed!
love the colours....it's so my palette!



ciao bella
creative carmelina

Follow by Email