Monday, February 20, 2012

ringling museum part 1


ciao...
dear readers
I have decided to divide this visit into two posts...
since I took so many photos...

here... at the 

their site is wonderful and you will
enjoy the panoramic views






these photos are of the grounds...
when we first arrived, I was simply overcome
by the beauty of the gardens,
the statues
ponds and fountains...






absolutely stunning...






the banyan trees are
spectacular...
theses images below from the 
fairy garden...
at least that is what I called it...





bougainvillea 
in huge pots on the loggia caught
my attention...
so beautiful...






the courtyard between the long wings
is amazing 
so peaceful and a work of landscape art... 




which translates from Italian (Venetian dialect)
to, "house of John"

Ringling that is ...
he and wife Mable...
lived here in this wonderful Venetian palace 




Check out the link above
to see spectacular views of the rooms 
recently restored.... 





I was reluctant to leave...







felt a bit like the statue
caught around the banyans grasp

stunned by so much beauty...



xo



14 comments:

Renee Howell said...

thanks for all the GREEN!!!!!!

Mary Helen-Art Saves Lives said...

I would have a difficult time leaving the serenity here. Thank you for sharing this place of peace. Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

~*~Patty S said...

ooo what absolutely majestic palm trees those are...I can feel the warm sunshine too in your wonderful photos...bet it was hard to leave!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OMGosh. I remember visiting there in the late 80s. It was nice then, but stunning, now. For some reason (possibly because my brain is addled), I remember it being called the Pink Palace (possibly by the locals). Those pots of bougainvillea are awesome, but of course, my true love goes to the lovely palm trees that are mostly well cared for. Thanks for bringing back a flood of memories from days past. Now I'm off to check out the link.

Laura Tringali Holmes said...

Such an enjoyable guided tour. Looking foward to part two!

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

So pretty. I have a friend who lives nearby and she raves about the place. Bet you enjoyed those gardens. xox Corrine

Cynthia Monica said...

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous place! Those gardens are just amazing. Thanks for sharing your visit!

mansuetude said...

lovely, it is.

rivergardenstudio said...

Dear Cat, this museum is gorgeous, I would just sit in that courtyard forever a soak up all the beauty.
roxanne

Judy Martin said...

That little angel actually looks like you. In my imagination.
I love visiting gardens like these when I travel. The memory stays for a long time.

Margaret said...

Beautiful photos Cat, I love the statues, they add that little bit more fantasy, the 'Fairy Garden' is my fav shot! I'd love to be walking along that way... Mx

nancy neva gagliano said...

whoa.....what a get away. gorgeousity...lovely.

Linda said...

Oh wow...what a beautiful building Cat. I would love to see that.
Looks like your visit was a precious time....
XX

layers said...

I have seen those types of banyan trees.. the roots reach down into the ground in such a mysterious and ghostly way.. all your images are beautiful

Follow by Email