Wednesday, June 23, 2010

let's take a walk


all work and no play
makes cat a dull girl...
so I thought it would
be fun to take you
with me on
my morning walk...







we will start here at La Dolce Vita...
if your last name means lily then you should have lilies right?
and the HOA plants giant pumpkins
every year in this site on the trail close to my house
we had snow last year,
remember and that is why
you did not see photos...










our native grasses are outstanding this year
due to the rains we had...












up the trail...





although it is early in the day,
we won't go up the mountain,
there is lots to do in the studio...







but it is nice to be out in the cool
morning air listening to the bees, the frogs and the bird song...







the color is so gorgeous right now!







don't you love the way this fence curves?
and don't worry we won't go this way...








we're going up the hill,
this tiny photo is Horsetooth Dam...
below











Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves.
John Muir










What I know of the divine sciences and Holy Scriptures, I learned in woods and fields. I have no other masters than the beeches and the oaks.
Saint Bernard of Clairvaux






I call this stand of trees, the "three sisters" ...
sad to see that one has died last winter
it was a harsh year for trees...





my favorite, the twisted sister is
long dead, but still so beautiful...









Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven.
Rabindranath Tagore






down the hill...







glad we got an early start
it is a popular hike...





at the trail head..









back home..
back to work
grazie,
cfn!




31 comments:

Momo Luna said...

Thank you for the nice walk, i really enjoyed it. Where is this exactly? I like it to see the surroundings of fellow bloggers. :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a memorable walk. You have such beauty surrounding you. You are truly blessed with that. Everywhere you turn, nature shares its colors and beauty. Thank you beyond belief for taking us on this walk today, because I really needed all this serenity.

Yvonne said...

Enjoyed the nice walk. Too bad about the trees being lost. We had one here and thought it was dead, but come to find out it was just a beetle that caused the problem and it will come back. We also have oak wilt, which is killing many trees here. Sooo sad.

Diane said...

This is heaven!!do you hear me?! Heaven!!

Marilyn Rock said...

Heavenly says it all! xxoo

dosfishes said...

The grasses are spectacular. I expect to see wild horses at any moment...xox Corrine

sharon said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful inspiration with us! So much to take in, it's breathtaking!

layers said...

I love your walk-- so expansive and free and open-- such balance in your day. and I love all the backgrounds in your previous post-- lovely textures and surfaces.

Roses, Lace and Brocante said...

I SO enjoyed my walk with you this evening (in our hemisphere)!!
I could feel the sun on my back and the soft breeze carrying a fragrance from the grasses and wildflowers along the way.
I love reading Tagore, his words have a depth of meaning to life.

cardinal arts said...

what a beautiful way to start your day! thank you for taking me along
__a

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

lovely surroundings for you dear Cat ... thank you for sharing your blue skies and nature trails with us ... Happy Summer!
oxo

Lynda Lehmann said...

I like how you set this up! It was a wonderful, refreshing walk and I thank you for the experience!

Anna said...

What a nice, relaxing walk. Thank you for showing us the way...

lilylovekin said...

I loved the walk, especially with the bird background of your blog, it was very peaceful. The quotes are lovely and I copied them down for my nature journal.

Les Cotrions said...

What a nice walk you let me do! Lovely images of an enchanting landscape!
Happy week end!
Vale

Studio Sylvia said...

A lovely walk. You are blessed to have this expanse of Mother Nature, close at hand. certainly would blow the cobwebs away, if one was in a funk in the studio. Have a happy day.

Seth said...

Thank you for this walk. Between the sights and the sounds on your blog...I feel many miles away from NYC.

priti.lisa said...

Wish I could be ther to walk that walk with you!
I love the quotes you sprinkled in.
Thank you.XoX

Laura said...

O Cat I love that fence and the twisted sisters....gorgeous!

Harnett-Hargrove said...

Does this suffice for my morning wandering? Thanks!! -J

Beatnheart said...

wowee. what a lucky girl you are to have such a fabulous place to go walking...enjoy every luscious moment.

Riki Schumacher said...

Such a wonderful walk, thank you Cat. Riki

Karin Bartimole said...

yes Cat, I DO love that organically curving, warmly worn fence, and your trail. It's such a vast and open landscape - dramatically different than where I live, so a real treat to accompany you through. Thank you for the virtual hike :) xox K

Amelia said...

gosh, what a beautiful morning walk, so very different to mine!!!

Amelia.x

wendy lee lynds said...

uhhh, can i come and take a walk with you?? gorgeous. ox

Marie said...

what an exhilerating walk, and no sweat what so evah! Lovely photos & quotes. I so agree with St. Bernard! Just a really great post!

Roxanne Stout said...

What a wonderful place to walk, on a warm summer morning, so serene..I love the curving fence and the John Muir quote. roxanne

Sophie Munns said...

Caterina,
this is heaven...I really felt I was there and enjoying it all...what a treat...and a beautiful idea!

thanks you for the inspiration and peace!

lovely!
Sophia

mansuetude said...

Check out that fence photo! Yes!

So open green healing. I also call the trees here sisters. I have so many, each with a sharing of personality shaped like a great tree. Life is good.

Gaby Bee said...

Thanks for this wonderful walk. I wish I lived closer and could be there to walk with you!

Linda said...

Enjoyed the walk....such beautiful blue skies!!!
Love linda x

Follow by Email